• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 128 - CHRISTMAS VACATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night I went to my wife's work Christmas party. Great ratio: There were 15 chicks and 4 dudes (2 of the 4 dudes work for the company).

I got a few counselor phrases to add to the everyday vernacular: "You're escalating" and "Stop accosting me" were my favorites.

The regional supervisor retold the story from about a year ago when I panic called the on-call number when my wife wouldn't answer her phone at like 1am, and when I was in another room with the other husband he said, "I stopped worrying about that stuff years ago." We had a good bro bonding moment after that.

I raked so many leaves today. Filled my 96 gallon yard barrel 7 times. My hands hurt but it is almost time for the big Christmas hand bell performance so I will have to deal.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I raked so many leaves today. Filled my 96 gallon yard barrel 7 times. My hands hurt but it is almost time for the big Christmas hand bell performance so I will have to deal.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Play like a champion.

Happy birthday DF07! MeMa tipped me off on thefacebook.

When I drink for reals, I drink lots of water.

the ppl at the party i was at last night were ASTONISHED when i asked for a cup of water

"wo, this guy is really smart" was something actually said

clearly didn't drink enough water tho because i'm effed today

the ppl at the party i was at last night were ASTONISHED when i asked for a cup of water

"wo, this guy is really smart" was something actually said

clearly didn't drink enough water tho because i'm effed today

samesies.

starting to emerge from the fog though.

I think my roommate Nate may be the worst person in the world. He's an outrageous mouthbreather. He says stuff like "I don't think they properly lit this scene, Wesley Snipes looks REALLY black." He finally passed the NJ bar after taking it four times. I shudder to think of him in a professional setting. He's a ginger. Maybe 5'4" tops. His favorite actor is Keanu Reeves. Not ironically. He owns two iPads, one for doing work and one for Netflix. He wears Oakleys. He came into the kitchen just now where I'm eating cereal and said "Wow that's a lot of milk." He follows my normal roommate James around everywhere he goes. He eats almost exclusively diner takeout. I hate him very much.

We did shots of homemade limoncello the other night at my work Christmas party after I'd had basically no dinner and not enough water. I was hungover allllll dang day. #notasyoungasiusedtobe

townie you surround yourself with some crazy ass people

Mung is like when you have a totally awesome vacation week or something with good friends you rarely see, then you go home and you're getting ready on Sunday night to go to work the next morning and you kind of feel sad and down and that's the mung. Also, I had the mung when I got real drunk at a concert and the next morning had to go to a birthing class at 8 am and we sat down in a small, hot room with way too many people and started to watch a video of a bloody baby emerging from a hairy Hispanic beaver and I thought I was going to pass out and also throw up and got all flushed and had to quickly leave the room before having a panic attack. That is also the mung. It can mean different things to different people, but you have all at one time or another had the mung.

So I took my laptop to the apple store because it hasn't worked at all for months. The mouse button, trackpad and keyboard all didn't work. The button for the track pad wouldn't even budge. Thought we had major (expensive) hardware problems. Turned out that our only problem was a swollen battery. Apparently these lithium ion batteries swell when they get old and put pressure on the internal components of the laptop. Popped in a new battery and it works like new. Pretty crazy that a battery does that (and is designed to do that).

I think my roommate Nate may be the worst person in the world. He's an outrageous mouthbreather. He says stuff like "I don't think they properly lit this scene, Wesley Snipes looks REALLY black." He finally passed the NJ bar after taking it four times. I shudder to think of him in a professional setting. He's a ginger. Maybe 5'4" tops. His favorite actor is Keanu Reeves. Not ironically. He owns two iPads, one for doing work and one for Netflix. He wears Oakleys. He came into the kitchen just now where I'm eating cereal and said "Wow that's a lot of milk." He follows my normal roommate James around everywhere he goes. He eats almost exclusively diner takeout. I hate him very much.

Are you going to move in with the GF if she moves to #secondtierphilly?

Are you going to move in with the GF if she moves to #secondtierphilly?

not right away but eventually probably assuming we don't hate each other when we live in the same city and get to see each other all the time

question bobstackfan

when you watched peep show did you have to pause it every 30 seconds to look up british idioms like you have to look up shit the chat thread says all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back