• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff Teague hero for Hawks in double-overtime win vs. Cavaliers

That's a fair point. I disagree, but it's a fair opinion.

This is an RJ-esque reply. You're disagreeing because "potential". Ranking 2013-14 Teague as 15th best is dumb, it just is. I remember the list we made last season and 2 or 3 of the PGs you ranked above Teague have clearly regressed while he's gotten better.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

I guess so. I just listed like 16ish PGs who I thought were better than Teague and didn't include any of his peers. If you can slot him somewhere above 15 with a straight face, good for you. But I don't think the stats bear that out, the eye test bears that out, the free agency market bore that out, etc.

The good news is that, in general, he's improved this year and some of his peers have regressed.

at the end of the season derrick rose will have played 49 of a possible 246 games since 2011. i don't think he should be in any discussion of best player at any position.

This.

I guess so. I just listed like 16ish PGs who I thought were better than Teague and didn't include any of his peers. If you can slot him somewhere above 15 with a straight face, good for you. But I don't think the stats bear that out, the eye test bears that out, the free agency market bore that out, etc.

The good news is that, in general, he's improved this year and some of his peers have regressed.

Among active PGs, Teague was 16th in PER according to basketball reference this past year. Seems about midlevel to me, if the standard is "NBA point guard." He's had a good playoffs, though, despite that the Hawks have blown the series on their home court.

Back