Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 840

Thread: "Better Call Saul" Season 4 premiere Monday (August 6)

  1. #761
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    41,728
    so the mobile phone store is the genesis of the burner phones. BCS does the character-gimmick origin story way better than Solo

    also let's just rename it Better Call Mike

  2. #762
    Enjoyed the parallel between Mike and Jesse calling out their respective support groups.

  3. #763
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    the BB Easter eggs are amazing...saw a commentator on the AV Club recap say that the woman who met Mike at the diner (can't remember her name) had a nametag for the bank where Mike would eventually keep his safety deposit boxes for his granddaughter and crew
    You know who else uses Cradock Marine Bank? Fox Mulder, that's who.

  4. #764
    The gun scene with the cousins reminded me of the Billy Bob Thornton office scene in Fargo. You almost have to suspend belief those guys could go in there and kill 10-15 people armed with automatic weapons. If the Salamanca's just retreat, where does Nacho go from here? Does he have to start working for Tuco? It's not like Gus is going to call the cartel and offer a trade. You give me Nacho and I will give him protection and a piece of the drugs he sells along with a 15% discount at all participating Los Pollo Hermanos.

  5. #765
    New episode tonight, FYI, despite the holiday.

  6. #766
    So much going on in that episode, I might need to watch it again. I knew the shoebox in the cold open meant something, but I needed to read a few recaps to remember that Gene pulled a videotape out of it in one of the previous season's flash-forwards.

    I can't help but wonder how in the hell Gus decided it was a good idea to get involved with Walter White, given how cautious and deliberate he is with literally every other decision. That said, I loved the "ditch the high tech, cocky French guy for the low-tech cautious German guy" move.

    Whatever happens to Kim, it's going to be hard AF to watch.

    Somewhat unrelated - immediately after watching this episode, we switched over to another channel and saw Gus' partner Max - well, the actor that plays him - in a Verizon commercial. So there's that.

  7. #767
    One of the better episodes, imo.

  8. #768
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    So much going on in that episode, I might need to watch it again. I knew the shoebox in the cold open meant something, but I needed to read a few recaps to remember that Gene pulled a videotape out of it in one of the previous season's flash-forwards.

    I can't help but wonder how in the hell Gus decided it was a good idea to get involved with Walter White, given how cautious and deliberate he is with literally every other decision. That said, I loved the "ditch the high tech, cocky French guy for the low-tech cautious German guy" move.

    Whatever happens to Kim, it's going to be hard AF to watch.

    Somewhat unrelated - immediately after watching this episode, we switched over to another channel and saw Gus' partner Max - well, the actor that plays him - in a Verizon commercial. So there's that.
    I was thinking he ditched the Frenchie because he was talking about building a tunnel out of Mexico, and therefore realized the guy had loose lips and news may get back to the cartel.

  9. #769
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,018
    I think it was both plus the loose lips in general. Canít have that guy bragging about the superlab down the road.

  10. #770
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    41,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
    I was thinking he ditched the Frenchie because he was talking about building a tunnel out of Mexico, and therefore realized the guy had loose lips and news may get back to the cartel.
    yeah, 'zackly

  11. #771
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
    I was thinking he ditched the Frenchie because he was talking about building a tunnel out of Mexico, and therefore realized the guy had loose lips and news may get back to the cartel.
    I took at as less direct, more like "I know a thing or two about building tunnels to Mexico and this guy is full of shit." "That's what I thought." Done.

    I think they just sniffed that guy out as a fraud, then the 2nd guy being far more thorough and realistic about the job served to highlight how correct that judgment was.

  12. #772
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,018
    Any of those explanation for ditching the first guy make sense.

  13. #773

  14. #774
    Would anyone else object to living in that warehouse bunker for a few weeks? I guess being surrounded by a bunch of Germans would be a drag.

  15. #775
    are they not allowed outside at all? I get not having the house and the activities outside, but are they entirely shut in?

  16. #776
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,018
    Seems like it. I assume they have no idea where they are. Theyíre living a significant distance from the site. They will probably be taken back and forth with their heads covered.

    I wasnít asking to see how the Superlab was constructed but Iím definitely interested.

  17. #777
    saw it pointed out that Jimmy has 10 months until he gets his license back, and Mike said to Gus that the lab construction was supposed to take 6 months, but probably 8 or 10. that number seems significant, but I dunno for what since Gus and Saul never met formally.

  18. #778
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Seems like it. I assume they have no idea where they are. Theyíre living a significant distance from the site. They will probably be taken back and forth with their heads covered.

    I wasnít asking to see how the Superlab was constructed but Iím definitely interested.
    My only fear with this storyline is it ends up just being a distraction/busywork to help prop up the Mike/Gus relationship. I have enough confidence in this creative team that this won't be the case, but it's always a possibility.

    Thinking about the Gus timeline as it pertains to Walt. Gus likely wouldn't be able to let a brand new superlab sit for months on end, so I think we have to assume that he hired Walt to work with Gale relatively soon after the completion of construction. Walt cooked with Jesse for several months before he encountered Gus, so in terms of timing, we have to be nearing the cancer diagnosis, unless I'm missing something.

  19. #779
    Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    My only fear with this storyline is it ends up just being a distraction/busywork to help prop up the Mike/Gus relationship. I have enough confidence in this creative team that this won't be the case, but it's always a possibility.

    Thinking about the Gus timeline as it pertains to Walt. Gus likely wouldn't be able to let a brand new superlab sit for months on end, so I think we have to assume that he hired Walt to work with Gale relatively soon after the completion of construction. Walt cooked with Jesse for several months before he encountered Gus, so in terms of timing, we have to be nearing the cancer diagnosis, unless I'm missing something.
    Walt was cooking while Gale finished setting up the lab at least (flashback in S4 shows this). Gus had a sample of Walt's product for Gale to test, not sure if he got it off the street or if it was part of the batch that Walt sold them prior to officially working for Gus. I assume it's the former because I'm sure Gus wouldn't buy a big batch of product without knowing its quality first.

  20. #780
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    Walt was cooking while Gale finished setting up the lab at least (flashback in S4 shows this). Gus had a sample of Walt's product for Gale to test, not sure if he got it off the street or if it was part of the batch that Walt sold them prior to officially working for Gus. I assume it's the former because I'm sure Gus wouldn't buy a big batch of product without knowing its quality first.
    They could slow down the lab construction with a war between Gus and the Cartel. Kai is the first one killed.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •