• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

boca raton suggestions

Milhouse

Reaction score
looks like I will be stuck down there for work for about a month. other than saying hello to rj's relatives, any suggestions?

I have a high school friend who is a neurologist down there...if u have a stroke I can hook u up.

Stop by Jack Klompus' place at Del Boca Vista, Phase II. He's got some great pens. Write upside down.

Watch out for those STD's that run rampant in old people places.

Also, grab some flyers from various retirement communities and mail them to Buzz's house.

For fast food (and trying to save your per diem money), pollo tropical is tremendous.

Boca has some good steak places too.

I lived in Boynton beach for a few years, I'll give some restaurant recs when I'm at a computer

meow

where hasn't diggler swung his 10 inches of man meat?

you can poka me in boca anytime sexy man

Boca sucks....Top spot used to be Blue Martini.

Better option is to head to downtown FLL and hit up anything (hrr hrr) in the Las Olas area.

Blue Martini is ridiculous in Naples. Olds preying on youngs.

Grew up in Delray. Boca does kind of suck. Atlantic Avenue in Delray has some cool spots still, although a lot of it is becoming a bit yuppie-ish.

Decent BBQ place in Boca called Mississippi Sweets - usually packed. Lots of great bagel places ("bagel's with" in delray is amazing). If you check out diners drive ins etc...they have had a few places on the show in boynton, boca, delray, & hillsboro. Worth checking out.

I also second Delray Beach. Grew up there and my parents live a few blocks off of Atlantic Ave so I am partial to it. Growing up we would split our time between FLL and West Palm when not hanging out on the Avenue. Plenty of great spots.

So it depends on what you are looking for, but a few suggestions (colored by the fact that I lived in Boynton, which is a little north of Boca):

If you are looking for high end, I'm going to be less helpful, because I was broke when I lived there. There are a ton of good steakhouses in the area. My favorite is Chops Lobster Bar. That was our go to anniversary spot.

The thing I miss the most about the area was being able to sit outside at a restaurant on the intercoastal, drink beers and eat fish sandwiches. There are lots of good places, though I'm partial to Two Georges. Another decent option, though with a little more touristy feel, is the Old Key Lime House, which has phenomenal key lime pie.

There's an amazing Caribbean restaurant called Bamboo Fire Cafe in Delray. Absolutely tiny place, only employees are the owner and his wife. It's pretty cheap and everything I tried was amazing. Best curry meatballs I've ever had.

My favorite cheap mexican spot was Rosalitas, but there might be something a little closer.

As far as places to hang out, unless you are super old, I agree with everyone above. West Palm would be my choice, but Delray isn't bad, and Lake Worth actually has a little downtown strip that can be fun (I think there's a great german bar there?).

Anyway, all this info is at least 3 years old, so take it with a grain of salt.

Back