• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Investment Thread - For all your money needs

It actually wasn't the loan news, but I'll take it. Pretty sure the CEO just pumped his own company? Tweeted about an old partnership announced back in December.

Can we keep this economical:

What the actual fuck happens to the stock market if the minimum wage gets bumped from $7.25 to $15? Is this one of the inflationary triggers?

Can we keep this economical:

What the actual fuck happens to the stock market if the minimum wage gets bumped from $7.25 to $15? Is this one of the inflationary triggers?

Long term?

Companies replace minimum wage workers with automation. Fast food restaurants, for example, will have very few workers compared to now.

In terms of the stock market? No idea... Probably a non-event. But have to believe it is inflationary to some degree.

TBH, we’re probably overdue for an increase to the Federal minimum wage. But more than doubling it seems like asking for unintended consequences.

TBH, we’re probably overdue for an increase to the Federal minimum wage. But more than doubling it seems like asking for unintended consequences.

We're damn near that here in LA, and eating out costs a hundred bucks unless you go to one of the many places that just employ illegals to keep the costs down. They do catch some of those places, but not nearly enough or fast enough.

We're damn near that here in LA, and eating out costs a hundred bucks unless you go to one of the many places that just employ illegals to keep the costs down. They do catch some of those places, but not nearly enough or fast enough.

You'd rather pay $100.00 than buy cheap food from illegals? Oof

Give me that cheap authentic food pls

Our current neighbors were all set to tear down their house and rebuild on the same lot... Just decided yesterday that they can't make the math work with current lumber prices. Put the whole thing on hold after months of planning.

I do, however, chuckle when I read things like this (from the article you posted): "The price of lumber will most likely never decrease to the rates we saw before the pandemic."

"Never" is a word I wouldn't use with a VERY cyclical product. There will be a bust at some point following this building boom and lumber demand (and prices) will come down. Circle of life.

Our current neighbors were all set to tear down their house and rebuild on the same lot... Just decided yesterday that they can't make the math work with current lumber prices. Put the whole thing on hold after months of planning.

Same issue here. I was deep into planning a garage being added onto my house and pulled the plug because the cost was 50% higher than it should be.

anyone have any suggestions you're particularly high on right now? Pretend i'm new at this....all of my investing has been through my 401(k) in the past.

I have some lottery plays if you're looking for high risk. I assume you're not though since you're just getting started.

I'm not super hot and bothered about it, but have a position in XSPA on the premise that they will get widespread testing centers up and running in airports across the country. I'm banking on testing for travel being a requirement for a good bit of time.

Same. I was only in 401k and mutual funds before the GME shit. Had some cash sitting around and ended up buying some of the pot stocks mentioned yesterday. Not something I'll throw a ton of money at (or anything I shouldn't lose) but it's pretty interesting. I like the idea of indexes of sectors that are likely to grow a lot (like pot or crypto).

Back