• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Mack - Legitimate Target

That tattoo appears to be a dolphin or a palm tree.

Can we get Stratt's sources to do some investigating?

LOL at Mack having a better resume than Archie.

He absolutely does - 2 Sweet 16's versus one. He's had X in the top 10. What would you say makes Archie's better - assisting Sendek?

Read the comments on the ESPN article about Wake and Marquette reaching out to Shaka. Someone claims that Shaka is going to Marquette and Mack to Wake was getting steam. Said that Wake offered Shaka and he declined. Guy claimed to have a friend that works in an agents office.

I would put Mack in the "Wellman guy who would be at the bottom of the acceptable list" category. He's above random DONKS that Wellman would hire based on HC experience at a private school. Once you take out guys in their 30's who haven't made a Sweet 16 and would be extreme gambles, he's a hell of a lot better than some of the other Wellman names we've heard.

Say: Shaka stays at VCU, Howland to Marquette, Amaker stays at Harvard, Archie stays at Dayton. Then what...?

Still, this is most likely a smokescreen that benefits both parties. Ron is not a stupid man, regardless of what some people on here think.

Wouldn't this be trouble in the culture department...Skip, Dino...Mack? For example, look at how those short socks show that nasty tattoo.

I would be satisfied with Mack. I think Mack would be successful at Wake Forest, but with all of the names that I have mentioned, it would be a bit of a let down.

but it would definitely be very weird. With the slamming of Dino and all of the culture stuff that we've heard from the athletic department. (and i know all of it is b.s, but still..very weird)

Really surprised that folks think Archie Miller is obviously better choice. Other than Marshall and Shaka, Mack is as good a hire as anyone else currently being batted around, with the possible exception of Howland.

I'm right there with the rest of you in that it's hard to consider Mack without separating all the Xavier/Skip/Dino baggage, but trying my best to put all that aside and just evaluate Mack for Mack, I'd be interested in the straight numbers on him.

He's been to 2 Sweet 16s, which is better than what Skip did at X.

It looks like he's recruiting really well -- 5 stars, 4 stars, etc.

The only real knock that's been brought up here other than the X ties are the fact that X's Ken Pom ratings have not been as good under him as they was under Sean Miller, but that's a pretty high standard since Miller seems to have been the best coach X has ever had.

I don't know, even assuming Mack was willing to leave his alma mater, I doubt we go to that well again and hire our 3rd Xavier coach, but I guess Mack is objectively a good candidate.

Mack only has one decent senior graduating and a good class coming in. His 3rd Sweet 16 in six years at Xavier isn't that far-fetched. What are the Mack negatives? Sean Miller can't have been a bad mentor and he's an ex-player. Seems like a good guy. If he's our safety pick it seems like we're in pretty good shape...

Back