• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

From Country Dan; Wellman Says Search Going Well

Well, if it isn't Shaka but we get Marshall, Wright or Howland who really cares? They are all very good coaches. I'm going to enjoy the hoops tonight and won't give this much thought at all.

Then I won't post about what just came up on FlightAware. Enjoy the evening.

Well, if it isn't Shaka but we get Marshall, Wright or Howland who really cares? They are all very good coaches. I'm going to enjoy the hoops tonight and won't give this much thought at all.

Be positive. Shaka hasn't said no. ....

Brian Formica Verified account
‏@BrianFormica
Rumor mill churning, I'm hearing Shaka Smart might be in Winston-Salem for Wake Forest job. Nothing confirmed as of yet.

https://twitter.com/BrianFormica/status/449306192377311232

EDIT: He deleted his tweet, followed up with:

@BrianFormica 6m
Just got in touch with Richmond folks, they say Shaka was in the office today at VCU. So there is that. No night trip in the plans.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/BrianFormica

Brian Formica ‏@BrianFormica 1m
Source says Wake AD Ron Wellman is in town, but will head to regionals some time in the near future. Nothing for or against Shaka in town.

Brian Formica ‏@BrianFormica 13s
Just got in touch with Richmond folks, they say Shaka was in the office today at VCU. So there is that. No night trip in the plans.

A later tweet said he heard Shaka was at vcu in his office today, completely invalidating his earlier tweets. This Brian guy has zero idea what's going on from his tweets.

If the search was going well, why would he be trying to buy another week? Just say you're not going to comment on certain things.

I mean I guess he could've been in his office and in W-S at different times today? They're not *that* far away.

I mean I guess he could've been in his office and in W-S at different times today? They're not *that* far away.

Agreed but, you point is that he named tweets by students as "sources". It appears he is just drumming up Twitter traffic to stroke his local news guy ego. But he'll if he's got something, I am not complaining

Once every 5 years Dan needs to pull out his reporter skills. Great that he got to talk to Ron, but we all know Ron is not talking. I'd feel a lot better if Dan actually branched out from his W-S network of contacts. There is more information being reported on this board than in his pieces.

Back