• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Sunshine Brigade is now in full command..and I sincerely hope they are right

Brangus

Reaction score
Best of luck to Manning and the Deacs. I hope his initial supporters are proven correct. I love Wake basketball and want it to succeed. That requires me to fully support Manning. I was disappointed in the hire given what seemed like a golden opportunity, but I will be more than happy if I have to eat my words.

Go Deacs.

Last edited:
Let's go Danny! #pleasedontfeedtheplayersBK

Best of luck to Manning and the Deacs. I hope his supporters are correct. I love Wake basketball and want it to succeed. Disappointed in the hire but will be more than happy if I have to eat my words.

Go Deacs.

For me it's not a matter of being a supporter of him as a hire or a member of the sunshine brigade. It's a matter of this is what is happening and I think we should get behind and see how it turns out. If he falls on his face then it will be ManningOut, if he comes in and does a good job, we can all enjoy it.

You should be optimistic.

Manning is our coach- why choose to be miserable. Personally, I was not all that impressed by the list of "hot" names- I like the hire - Manning brings some things to the table- local/NC connection, NBA creds, but most of all he is young and can't afford to fail with this career move. Choosing to support him is not sunshine- you can be all doom and gloom and woe is me woe is LOWF or choose to be excited and support our new coach. Maybe down the road that changes but just maybe we have the right guy- I like his upside and I want a winner again and I want this to be it, So until proven differently I am all for the hire all for being excited about the future.

Kenny Beck ‏@kennybeckWXII 5m

Just spoke w/former WFU coach Dave Odom. Says, "I endorse it, it's the right decision. Let's move forward and get this thing right."

Welcome, Danny.....Go Deacs!! Excited about basketball for the first time in a long time.

Manning is our coach- why choose to be miserable. Personally, I was not all that impressed by the list of "hot" names- I like the hire - Manning brings some things to the table- local/NC connection, NBA creds, but most of all he is young and can't afford to fail with this career move. Choosing to support him is not sunshine- you can be all doom and gloom and woe is me woe is LOWF or choose to be excited and support our new coach. Maybe down the road that changes but just maybe we have the right guy- I like his upside and I want a winner again and I want this to be it, So until proven differently I am all for the hire all for being excited about the future.

It's not the hire most wanted so I get a lot of the frustration. That said, give him a chance and see how he does. If he struggles they'll be plenty of "I told you he sucked.." to read.

In a vacuum, this is an OK/OK+ hire. My disappointment stems from Wellman throwing "home run hire" Bullshit at the fan base. It got me all psyched up for Shaka/Marshall or someone of that caliber.

That tool has no idea how to manage expectations....and he is a LIAR (or stupid, but probably just a liar).

It certainly is not a [Redacted] type hire and I look forward to a new version of Danny and the Miracles.

In a vacuum, this is an OK/OK+ hire. My disappointment stems from Wellman throwing "home run hire" Bullshit at the fan base. It got me all psyched up for Shaka/Marshall or someone of that caliber.

That tool has no idea how to manage expectations....and he is a LIAR (or stupid, but probably just a liar).

It certainly is not a [Redacted] type hire and I look forward to a new version of Danny and the Miracles.

You can't hit a home run til you get in the game. And that goes for every damn coach we may have hired.

My only reservation is the thin HC resume, but the guy's a winner. He's won as everywhere he's gone, as a player, an assistant and as a HC.

If we didn't blow some awful bunnies at home this year, we had a team that should have been a 19-20 win bubble team that beat a few ranked teams. We have a scholly jam, but the cupboard isn't bear, and surely, surely DM can recruit better than fuckface.

The way I look at it, we are going to struggle next year. That is an understatement. New coach, new system, no serious outside shooting, etc., etc., etc., but what I will be interested to watch is how Manning works with the players to get them to a much higher level so that when they are seniors and we add a couple of Manning's recruites we are in a position in year 2 to get back to the NCAAT. I don't think that makes me any part of a sunshine brigade. I'm just a Wake basketball fan that is willing to give the new coach time to put his program in place.

The other guy was a different story. That was a losing situation from day one.

Back