• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Moratorium on Negativity?

I'm annoyed with all the whining, but to suggest we lock/delete threads or not allow people to post about what they want....no thanks. This isn't Scout.

I don't think anyone is saying that. I don't want to censor negativity, just encourage people to let things play out before going all bilboard and website again.

I'll stop being negative on Wellman when he apologizes for his ARROGANCE, CENSORSHIP, and LYING. Please post his apology to this board in case I miss it.

Plus, I fully expect Wellman to get up at the presser when he announces Manning and act like Manning was his guy all along, which is BS and should lead to more rants against Wellman.

I hope the negativity dissipates over time, but there's been so much intense hate thrown around the past 2 years I think it's going to take quite a bit of therapy for it all shakes out back to normal. Overachieving on the field/court will turn it faster, but it's going to be a long summer unless Manning locks up a stud recruit out of the gate (sorta compared to what Clawson did). It's probably better just to let it all come out.

Plus, I fully expect Wellman to get up at the presser when he announces Manning and act like Manning was his guy all along, which is BS and should lead to more rants against Wellman.

How's he supposed to act? It's not like we want him up there announcing we've hired our 4th choice

I bet with no restraints on him Chill would be a great pairing in recruiting with Manning. Those are two guys who willed their teams to victory.

Chill recruited Rondale White.

I've been lurking for years and I've watched from afar as both our Football and Basketball programs declined. I graduated in '11 and enjoyed a couple years of great sports during by time at Wake. I'm diving in to these boards with the slate wiped clean and I hope to bring some positivity to an otherwise negative atmosphere, I hope you diehards are tired of complaining and whining.

I don't think anyone is saying that. I don't want to censor negativity, just encourage people to let things play out before going all bilboard and website again.

it takes a lot for us to go all billboard and website. come on....

I've been lurking for years and I've watched from afar as both our Football and Basketball programs declined. I graduated in '11 and enjoyed a couple years of great sports during by time at Wake. I'm diving in to these boards with the slate wiped clean and I hope to bring some positivity to an otherwise negative atmosphere, I hope you diehards are tired of complaining and whining.

I don't think that this is really that negative of an atmosphere, people are just beaten down right now. This will be an exciting time though.

amXGRpX_460sa.gif

When we start winning again, the mood will change. Simple as that. Happy boosters are happy when we win and the product on the field looks good.

I was Bzzout from day 1, but I will begin this journey as #ManningIN

Discuss Wake Forest Athletics. Freely.

If you want everything to be rainbows and lollipops, go to the echo chamber.

This also means discussing the merits of negativity freely. No one is advocating censorship, just personal restraint. IMO, if we don't give the new hires a chance, that makes the negativity of the past 4 years easier to dismiss.

Can we have a moratorium on preachy Mebane posts?

I'm all about the positivity for Coach Manning. And there have been plenty of fucko's on this board the last 72 hours. But the hand-wringing about a message board is just dumb.

Can we have a moratorium on preachy Mebane posts?

I'm all about the positivity for Coach Manning. And there have been plenty of fucko's on this board the last 72 hours. But the hand-wringing about a message board is just dumb.

yep

I hope we can go two years at a minimum with a healthy attitude towards Coach Manning. Let's do this...

Back