• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Arnie

Awesome first part. Great highlights of his hometown Latrobe, Wake Forest, and his wife Winnie.

Really enjoyed.
I believe they said tomorrow would concentrate on "The Majors". Wonder what the 3rd night will be.

Really enjoyed.
I believe they said tomorrow would concentrate on "The Majors". Wonder what the 3rd night will be.

Arnie and His Legacy appears to be the title of episode 3.

First episode was excellent.

They could have made it clearer that WFU is no longer near Durham..,,

First thought after watching last night was that three hours alone wouldn't be enough time to cover everything I'd like to see.

An American sports icon. And he is a Deacon!

There is something really bittersweet about this, however.

I am thankful that the present generation of golf enthusiasts have this opportunity to become acquainted with Arnie.

I've had the pleasure to meet Arnold Palmer. When I shook his hand and spoke with him, he made it feel as though I had known him for years.

There's just something about Arnold Palmer. Wake Forest will NEVER have a better representative. Never.

I've had the pleasure to meet Arnold Palmer. When I shook his hand and spoke with him, he made it feel as though I had known him for years.

There's just something about Arnold Palmer. Wake Forest will NEVER have a better representative. Never.

Well said!

For people that missed the past two nights, all 3 episodes will be airing tonight on the Golf channel from 8-11pm.

I'm ashamed to say I really knew very little about Arnie before this series. I thought I knew a little about him, but there are a lot of things I've learned from just the first one. I'm loving it.

First two have been incredible, pumped for the finale tonight. Surprised there hasn't been more talk about it here or twitter. It's really well done.

I could have done without Wellman and Hatch saying a few words. But it was good other than that.

I was surprised it didn't mention him winning the ACC championship after he came back to Wake - but I guess that is pretty minor in the context of his career...

I didn't realize he had lost 3(!) US Opens in playoffs. That's gotta hurt.

I remember really disliking Nicklaus when I was young because he was beating Arnie - and that was long before I had any connection to Wake Forest.

At the GGO one year my father waded into the crowd around Arnie to get his autograph for me. After patiently waiting forever to work his way to the front some little kid shoved in front of my dad as Arnie was reaching to take his card to sign it and Arnie took the kid's instead. My father, a renowned hot-head, got pissed and waded back out of the crowd without the autograph. Thanks Dad!

I can't tell you how long Arnie stood their signing - I can't imagine someone that famous and busy being that patient and thoughtful!

It is easy to forget that Arnie and Mark McCormack essentially invented the whole concept of a sports agent and athlete endorsements...

Probably once a month when people hear my last name they're like "like Arnold Palmer???"

What other last names out there does this happen to frequently?

Back