• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What the fuck is Marquee Moon's problem?

I thought one of the few rules over here was "Don't be a douchebag." Shouldn't that rule apply to "mods" like Moon too? He is clearly being one.

Well, he's most of all a good set of eyes (since he's on the boards a lot) that spots potential issues/brings them to the table for discussion. This is really the hardest part of being a mod, keeping up with all the content and watching for rules violations/spammers/trolls.

so it sounds like he does what 95% of the board could do but trolls on the side?

I think he has been a bit douchy lately as well, but he gets posrep from me for not being overly sensitive. He's not a hypocrite. Moon takes it as well as he gives it out so he gets kudos from me for that.

I think he has been a bit douchy lately as well, but he gets posrep from me for not being overly sensitive. He's not a hypocrite. Moon takes it as well as he gives it out so he gets kudos from me for that.

kind of a good point, this

Just a little PM action between zzz and I. I'll agree, I dislike him. Pretty much on all levels. The "reveal yourself" threads are the worst, because he totally looks like the kind of guy I would end up punching at a bar for being a total fucking douche. Some of us are blessed with an innate douchy quality - an aura of douchiness, if you will - zzz has it in spades.

He'll neg rep this post, just like he has whenever I've criticized him in the past. I've even had to go to other mods to have them rectify some of the mistreatment I've received from zzz. I don't blame the head mods for making zzz a mod, it was a calculated risk in a time of uncertainty. Additionally, he's on the boards enough to be a reasonable janitor, but, now that stability has been achieved, the drawbacks of his modship overwhelm the benefits.

Seeing as how zzz THRIVES on attention like this, I'll not likely post anymore on this thread.

EASY there bro. If you don't like him, then just ignore him.

tumblr_l8e3y4Tylm1qzlowso1_500.jpg

you should start a new board if you dont like the moderators

oh wait they did that here

worlds colliding

Moon needs to remedy this situation.

LK's a great guy, so is Moon believe it or not. We've all done stupid things on the boards.

Agreed. i like Moon as a poster, has his schtick and does it well. I just dont personally think that his persona exemplifies what a good mod should be. Poster, yes. Mod, no.

I hate Moon's schtick. Whenever he breaks from the schtick, I actually like him as a poster. I couldn't care less that he's a mod, so long as the board owners think he does a good job modding.

I think Marquee got a little full of himself after being a martyr on DS. He has definitely been one of my least favorite posters on these boards.

At this point I pretty much just assume every new crappy, dumb annoying parody that pops up is Moon as well.

Back