• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Journal Article - Deacons Preparing for Saturday's Spring Game

Good to see Clawson is doing an actual game. That depth chart isn't encouraging although WR could be an asset if Tyree and Crump pay of on the potential they showed last year.

It cant be said enough how much I love Clawson's attitude. I fully expect us to lose our fair share of games this fall due to the issues identified multiple times over, but I dont expect to hear him singing the old Eeyore whoa is me tune.

It cant be said enough how much I love Clawson's attitude. I fully expect us to lose our fair share of games this fall due to the issues identified multiple times over, but I dont expect to hear him singing the old Eeyore whoa is me tune.

I agree, as much love and respect as I had/have for Jim Grobe, it was time for new blood and a new attitude and I think we got it. ClawsIn baby!!!

I hope Clawson is given a long leash. We are going to be bad this year. Judgment should definitely be reserved until at least year 3 unless he does something blatantly stupid or ignorant, and from what I've seen and heard from the guy that seems unlikely.

There is a ton of room for improvement given the lack of player development and gameplanning from the previous staff. I think Clawson will show that improvement and it will manifest itself in our typically piddling non-con and ACC schedule.

What is it that Claw sees in Cameron, that our guys who have been watching him all spring hasn't? If the fourth year guys can't get their act together and help the program this year, they won't be invited back for a fifth year.

What is it that Claw sees in Cameron, that our guys who have been watching him all spring hasn't? If the fourth year guys can't get their act together and help the program this year, they won't be invited back for a fifth year.

I think it is probably more of Cameron being the only QB on the roster with any real game experience at all. From indications Sousa has outperformed him in spring ball, but Sousa was a WR last year. My opinion is that Clawson just doesn't want to destroy his confidence by demoting his only QB with any experience at all to 2nd string behind a guy that was a WR last year. Honestly for spring ball, I don't think it really matters anyway what string this guy or that guy is. Look at it this way, Saturday we'll get to see what Sousa does against our 1st string defense and that should give us a better sense of where he is at, as opposed to Cameron going up against our 2nd string defense.

I think it is probably more of Cameron being the only QB on the roster with any real game experience at all. From indications Sousa has outperformed him in spring ball, but Sousa was a WR last year. My opinion is that Clawson just doesn't want to destroy his confidence by demoting his only QB with any experience at all to 2nd string behind a guy that was a WR last year. Honestly for spring ball, I don't think it really matters anyway what string this guy or that guy is. Look at it this way, Saturday we'll get to see what Sousa does against our 1st string defense and that should give us a better sense of where he is at, as opposed to Cameron going up against our 2nd string defense.

If the teams are 1st O/2nd D v. 2nd O/1st D, Sousa will be playing against our 2nd D, and Cameron against 1st D

There is a ton of room for improvement given the lack of player development and gameplanning from the previous staff. I think Clawson will show that improvement and it will manifest itself in our typically piddling non-con and ACC schedule.

The constant whoa-is-me from the previous staff was beyond old. What was totally inexcusable was complete lack of player development. That's just laziness. Plain and simple. Laziness.

Can't wait to see if a guy like Zeke Rodney can come in a get some time at DT as a true frosh. DT has been a thin point since Boo and JR graduated. Looking to turn this around.

Cameron was 7-24 with 3 INTs last year in mop up duty. What did he learn? What has he learned over the last 3+ years? This offense doesn't sound as awkward a transition as Tanner running the option. What is it that Claw sees in him?

Back