• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka Smart

have no clue. but generally media professionals tend to get things right before they report it. with that said, they can get things wrong, or things may change.

Bullshit. That's what you don't get about the new media. David Glenn is banking on the fact that people won't remember what he's said if he's wrong, but he'll remind listeners what he said if he turns out to be right. He's guessing. Do you honestly think his sources are Wellman, higher, or on the BOT? Meanwhile, you discount people (Rangers/tsy/numbers) who do have those connections simply because their medium is less conventional.

But yes, as you said, you have no clue. You're just assuming. You assume that, because the guy has a radio slot, that he's right. Solid critical thinking skills there.

$$$ is all it takes. If Shaka can be this successful at VCU, he can definitely be successful at Wake. We were competitive with the big boys in the 90s and 2000s and have shown we can recruit talent. We are a great coach away from being a final four team, just like about every program out there. We come with the added benefit of playing against storied programs and in arguably the best conference with the new additions. I think this would be the perfect time to pick up a Shaka or someone else looking to move into the big time.

But we have to be willing to throw some cash out there, and to commit to making basketball a priority. This is a no-brainer as it is our flagship sport.

Bullshit. That's what you don't get about the new media. David Glenn is banking on the fact that people won't remember what he's said if he's wrong, but he'll remind listeners what he said if he turns out to be right. He's guessing. Do you honestly think his sources are Wellman, higher, or on the BOT? Meanwhile, you discount people (Rangers/tsy/numbers) who do have those connections simply because their medium is less conventional.

But yes, as you said, you have no clue. You're just assuming. You assume that, because the guy has a radio slot, that he's right. Solid critical thinking skills there.

lol. so u wanted to pick a fight. nice internet message board bravado skills. wanna bet on this?

Bz will be back next year.

Rough. Also, I saw my name popped up in terms of me having connections and all I was doing was repeating what I'd heard from others. I don't know anything about the BOT's decisions or [Redacted] or anything. I can't even name one person on the BOT.

lol. so u wanted to pick a fight. nice internet message board bravado skills. wanna bet on this?

I don't have any interest in picking a fight, and i dont bet on things I have no control over. And you have no control over it either. It's your speculation against mine.

I'm not interested in bring right. I'm interested in not being a mindless lemming, which you're being if you automatically believe David Glenn over people who have a track record in being well connected over here, simply because DG has a radio show. You admitted to not having a clue as to his sources; you just believe him because he has a name on the radio.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But again I ask you: who do you speculate DG's sources are, and why do you automatically assume they are more credible than people here?

I don't have any interest in picking a fight, and i dont bet on things I have no control over. And you have no control over it either. It's your speculation against mine.

I'm not interested in bring right. I'm interested in not being a mindless lemming, which you're being if you automatically believe David Glenn over people who have a track record in being well connected over here, simply because DG has a radio show. You admitted to not having a clue as to his sources; you just believe him because he has a name on the radio.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But again I ask you: who do you speculate DG's sources are, and why do you automatically assume they are more credible than people here?

i actually trust Dan Collins.. DG was just a throw in.

Rough. Also, I saw my name popped up in terms of me having connections and all I was doing was repeating what I'd heard from others. I don't know anything about the BOT's decisions or [Redacted] or anything. I can't even name one person on the BOT.

Very rare to see a poster disavow having sources. I respect that.

Bz will be back next year.

vader.jpg

To get Shaka Smart, or someone of his caliber, I feel it will be essential to get rid of Wellman first. I really don't think good coaches will want to work in the authoritarian regime Wellman has erected, and his [bad] reputation among the coaching fraternity began growing with his treatment of Dino and has only gotten worse. Second, I don't believe Wellman will permit a "brighter star" to be hired at Wake who might diminish his own power. He prefers pliable losers like Buzz who will toe his line. Dino balked and was promptly fired. Wellman has NEVER made a big name hire, and it won't begin now.

To get Shaka Smart, or someone of his caliber, I feel it will be essential to get rid of Wellman first. I really don't think good coaches will want to work in the authoritarian regime Wellman has erected, and his [bad] reputation among the coaching fraternity began growing with his treatment of Dino and has only gotten worse. Second, I don't believe Wellman will permit a "brighter star" to be hired at Wake who might diminish his own power. He prefers pliable losers like Buzz who will toe his line. Dino balked and was promptly fired. Wellman has NEVER made a big name hire, and it won't begin now.

This is so true and has me really depressed. I might need to take a break from the boards till we know for sure.

$$$ is all it takes. If Shaka can be this successful at VCU, he can definitely be successful at Wake. We were competitive with the big boys in the 90s and 2000s and have shown we can recruit talent. We are a great coach away from being a final four team, just like about every program out there. We come with the added benefit of playing against storied programs and in arguably the best conference with the new additions. I think this would be the perfect time to pick up a Shaka or someone else looking to move into the big time.

But we have to be willing to throw some cash out there, and to commit to making basketball a priority. This is a no-brainer as it is our flagship sport.

NC State was throwing $$$ at him last year and he didn't leave. Their job is much better than ours just with what he can get in school and more importantly, get thru school. Plus he can get the occasional juco if he needs it. We closed that off when the Faculty got pissed at Greer & baseball over the Hooks Field lights issue. Since they closed that off, baseball hasn't been worth squat. Oh yea & Wellman fired a 3 time ACC title winner for no reason.

Yeah I'm sure Shaka or whoever is going to base their decision on the George Greer saga.

NC State was throwing $$$ at him last year and he didn't leave. Their job is much better than ours just with what he can get in school and more importantly, get thru school. Plus he can get the occasional juco if he needs it. We closed that off when the Faculty got pissed at Greer & baseball over the Hooks Field lights issue. Since they closed that off, baseball hasn't been worth squat. Oh yea & Wellman fired a 3 time ACC title winner for no reason.

I'm also wellman out. Get a new ad and let him take a briefcase of cash when he goes to talk to shaka.

Me 2. I literally just parroted what I was told via hearsay and said as much. it made me excited and I shared it. Im not an insider and definitely not trolling anybody. Quite frankly though Im discouraged because I believe Dan does know insiders and his hearsay may be more credible than ours.

I don't listen to David Glenn, so I wouldn't know to trust him or not. BUT everything I've heard leads me to believe that Coach [Redacted] is back next year. I'm just a lowly tv news photog, but I do listen to the rumblings, and I've asked people who I believe to be "in the know" and they lead me to believe that Wellman and the administration want him back. I have no idea what is going on in [Redacted]'s head though.

Back