• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Cuban on bigotry: 'None of us have complete pure thoughts'

You know how I know you didn't even read the articles you linked to, RJ? (Other than historical precedence, of course.) Because I read them. In their entirety. Neither are opinion pieces ascribing motive to Cuban's statement, as you did. They're exploring what he said, how he said it, and the potential ramifications of him saying it.

I know this conflicts with your very binary sense of reality, but neither Cuban nor the articles you think "agree" with you are interested in lines in the sand, or absolutes. They're exploring complexity, forcing it in fact, upon a news cycle and society that struggles with it. (See: this thread, ESPN's coverage of Cuban's comments, etc.)

I don't know why you are compelled to make sweeping generalizations so much. It's either stupid or lazy, but I don't care enough to figure out which. I do know though, that it's those kind of sweeping generalizations that make discussions about race and prejudice in this country so damn hard in the first place.

Well said.

Back