• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Cuban on bigotry: 'None of us have complete pure thoughts'

Don't mind numbers. Still reeling from getting handled the other day. He'll rebalance after the weekend. The thunder shirt and white plastic cone will help.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Wait, the guy who continually brings up political forum "victories" on the sports board is calling someone else needy?

Irish, is that irony?

Think so, but between the three amigos, this thread has broken my irony-dar

Which was what? Could you be a little more specific?

ETA: I seriously doubt that my position in this entire Donald Sterling saga is anywhere close to RJ's position on it.

I don't think I disagree with your position on the situation if I understand it correctly. Basically no one cared about playing for a racist as long as they were getting paid until this story broke and all of the sudden they were forced to take a stand against him despite the fact that what they knew about him hadn't really changed, just the public perception.

Wait, the guy who continually brings up political forum "victories" on the sports board is calling someone else needy?

Irish, is that irony?

I'll make the ruling on this one.

Yes, it is hysterical irony.

I don't think I disagree with your position on the situation if I understand it correctly. Basically no one cared about playing for a racist as long as they were getting paid until this story broke and all of the sudden they were forced to take a stand against him despite the fact that what they knew about him hadn't really changed, just the public perception.

There's a big difference between not wanting your real estate investments housed by people of a certain race and being offended with taking a picture with Magic f'in Johnson. I think the former falls a bit closer to the Cuban category. The former, while shitty, is somewhat understandable. The latter is straight from leave it to beaver

There's a big difference between not wanting your real estate investments housed by people of a certain race and being offended with taking a picture with Magic f'in Johnson. I think the former falls a bit closer to the Cuban category. The former, while shitty, is somewhat understandable. The latter is straight from leave it to beaver

Acting on the former is so much worse than the latter though. Even if the thought behind it is more common.

BKF did you watch the video I posted on the last thread? I think it would sum up your feelings perfectly. YouTube search for Bomani Jones Sterling Dan LeBatard show.

Acting on the former is so much worse than the latter though. Even if the thought behind it is more common.

BKF did you watch the video I posted on the last thread? I think it would sum up your feelings perfectly. YouTube search for Bomani Jones Sterling Dan LeBatard show.

Its not worse, just is more common. The latter dehumanizes a race of people.

Especially to the degree and frequency that Sterling acted upon those thoughts

The Well Said Kareem thread I believe

I haven't read any of these articles, and haven't watched an NBA game in close to a decade. I'm just here for the indignation. An RJ rant to a thread is like seasoning to a steak. It makes something awesome out of something ordinary.

My "rant"was agreed to by a wide swath of people from the New Yorker to a Georgetown professor to an ESPN host. The problem is Irish intentionally and lazily attacked me for not understanding "nuance".

I showed where I got the info. I showed multiple sources agreeing with my position, but in Irish's bizarro world I don't understand. I guess none of them understand either as they have published the same position I opined earlier on this thread.

So maybe I'm off here, but The New Yorker, ESPN's Michael Smith, USA Today, Georgetown's Dr. Micheal Eric Dyson and many others agree with RJ on this.

What does that tell the rest of us?

FIFY.....What it should tell you is that Irish and you are off base.

My "rant"was agreed to by a wide swath of people from the New Yorker to a Georgetown professor to an ESPN host. The problem is Irish intentionally and lazily attacked me for not understanding "nuance".

I showed where I got the info. I showed multiple sources agreeing with my position, but in Irish's bizarro world I don't understand. I guess none of them understand either as they have published the same position I opined earlier on this thread.

Everyone is right about you. EVERYONE.

If Benedict's defense, I don't think he's being an intentional dickwad (here, at least.) I think he's just hopelessly, irrevocably, out of touch.

With a dose of inner conflict. Chris Paul wanted to go to the Lakers. The NBA directed him to the Clippers. His deal was with the Clippers. I don't believe for a minute CP had any real knowledge of Sterling's history. I certainly didn't until TMZ educated me.

LOLOL. Yeah, right. Chris Paul signed a five-year $107 million contract extension with Donald Sterling....after he had already played for the guy for two seasons...and didn't know diddley about the guy to whom he had just committed another five years of his life. Paul is also the President of the NBPA, isn't he? Is that the way you become president of the players' union....by not knowing anything about the owner of the team that you have been playing for during the past two years?

Do you think that Chris Paul just fell off a turnip truck? Take off your black & gold blinders for Christ sakes.

I don't know what CP knew or didn't. I will say this... Chris Paul has the right to make his own decision. And signing a huge contract means he can do much, much more for his family, his community and his race than Sterling could ever do to denigrate it. Sterling is inconsequential. You can drag CP through the mud all you care to but the reality is CP is not hypocritical here. If he wants to take Sterling's money and do good then more power to him. And CP does do good things with his money. Frankly, if you had asked MLK if it was okay to work for a racist and take $100M from him and help the black community I doubt MLK would have a problem with it. The Sterlings are going to be eventually weeded out.

I think it's a little less cut and dry than bkf is insinuating, but maybe not since he loves nuanced opinions so much. There is a difference between not giving a damn and making a good career decision. Before this story broke, had CP refused to resign in LAC because of Sterling, the story would not have been about principles. He would have been labeled a mercenary, ungrateful, rabble-rouser, etc. I have know idea how he felt about the housing discrimination, but I know the public outcry gives him a lot more leeway to go scorched earth with his boss and not completely ruin his career.

bkf, it had nothing to do with CP3 wanting the 107 million. He could have gotten that anywhere. He could have stayed in New Orleans and gotten $107 million. He wanted the fame (los angeles) and the chance to win a title.

tumblr_lxowemGNcg1qgkfnbo1_500.jpg

Back