• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources: Tyler Cavanaugh Transferring

Disappointing because I liked Cav... Thought he played hard and represented the school well.

I'd assume there are plenty of schools that would want two years of his services.

I don't think there is any big takeaway from this, though... The current situation isn't what he signed up for. We may think it is a better situation for him with Manning here, but Cav obviously knows better than we do.

Best of luck to him.

And yes, this makes us worse for 14-15... No way to spin it otherwise. A ton of minutes to fill.

You could have also included this, Ph.

"A second team All-A-10 selection and All-Academic Team choice ... started all 35 games and leads the team in scoring (16.7 ppg) and FG% (.511) while ranking second in rebounding (7.6) and 3PT FG% (.407) ... ranks 11th in the A-10 in FT% (.820); 8th in rebounding, 14th in scoring, 10th in FG% and 7th in 3PT FG%"

Could have used a lot of these things this year.

Tyler improved his skills last year but couldn't jump over a phone book. Not athletic, he played well below the rim. He could shoot from the perimeter and the line and that's about it. Never saw him dunk the ball . Don't let the door hit ya ...

I'll just leave this here...

Watching cav on Espn2 right now, he is a very skilled player. Scored double digit pts in all 37 of their games this year. He is vastly improved. He also appears to have solved his acne problem. Leave wake you become a better player with better skin.

Watching cav on Espn2 right now, he is a very skilled player. Scored double digit pts in all 37 of their games this year. He is vastly improved. He also appears to have solved his acne problem. Leave wake you become a better player with better skin.

He looks like a different player on and off the court. I remember feeling so bad for that kid when they'd show a close-up on FTs. Good for him.

Well, At least Cav gets a title as GW beat Valpo for the NIT championship. Not a great night for him personally, 12 pts, 6 reb, 3 assists, 1 block. GW was pretty balanced with four guys scoring double figures.

Back