• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grade Coach Manning's Performance To Date

How's he doing so far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hard to be a mid-term before he has coached his first game here...

Seriously? Maybe wait until he has at least coached a few games?

Look, I was disappointed we didn't land a big name. I think we definitely settled for Manning.

That said, I like the things he is saying, and I like that he is at least attempting to go after big fish. Great, we lost Buzz's biggest recruit. Shit happens. If that was a consequence of losing Buzz, then I can live with it. I cannot fault him for attempting to get some shooters on this team. Behind the scenes, we have no idea if the work he is doing with the existing players is improving their game. So until then, people need to STFU. This is fucking ridiculous. If we lose to fucking Stetson again, feel free to claim the sky is falling.

Anyone giving a grade other than "Other" is a whining little bitch. No sane person can make a judgement this early. Fuck no games. we've had no practices.

Seriously? Maybe wait until he has at least coached a few games?

Look, I was disappointed we didn't land a big name. I think we definitely settled for Manning.

That said, I like the things he is saying, and I like that he is at least attempting to go after big fish. Great, we lost Buzz's biggest recruit. Shit happens. If that was a consequence of losing Buzz, then I can live with it. I cannot fault him for attempting to get some shooters on this team. Behind the scenes, we have no idea if the work he is doing with the existing players is improving their game. So until then, people need to STFU. This is fucking ridiculous. If we lose to fucking Stetson again, feel free to claim the sky is falling.

+1, I voted other also.

other...

1. some wanted transfers, done.
2. wanted a post-grad big man, done.
3. you wanted him talking to the big time recruits, done.

bunch of whiny bitches, he has been here like two months.

Facepalm

If there was any doubt as to who runs the Dougie account...

This poll is too inane to even warrant a response.

Now if you want to grade a true midterm at this point, the only logical body of work would be for the first half of 2014. Dude took Tulsa to the tourney. I'd give him an A for that alone.

It's grade his performance to date. To date. He has had assignments. Grade them. It's not a midterm or semester grade. You all are taking this too seriously. What do you think of the job he's done so far?

Well scholarship imbalance was really going to screw us in '16. That has turned around pretty quickly.

Looks like we may sacrifice an NIT bid for hopefully building up with better recruits in the near term. Getting 1 or 2 top 100 guys for 2015 is the first exam.

There isn't a mid-term or a pop quiz or even a class yet. This is more like freshman orientation. We're moving into our rooms, meeting people and learning where the buildings are. We haven't even registered for classes yet.

It's imbecilic to think anything should be graded yet.

It's grade his performance to date. To date. He has had assignments. Grade them. It's not a midterm or semester grade. You all are taking this too seriously. What do you think of the job he's done so far?

No complaints.

The transfers are a concern. Grade C right now but expect Manning to get us turned around.

Losing sub-par ACC level players in Moto and Cavanaugh should not be concerning. Who cares that we lost role players (at best)?

Back