• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

so, i was just reading over some stuff to refresh myself on that particular aspect and came up with this gem:

The student who would flourish at, say, Wake Forest, instead finds himself at Duke, where the professors are not teaching at a pace designed for him.

Why not? It wasn't a couple of hacks punching up theories on a blogspot post.

Because it's partisan policy recommendations, supported by questionable data quality and analysis? There are plenty of critical reviews in peer-reviewed journals about that book.

It's Ph's field, though, so he can probably critique it more eloquently than I can.

Because it's partisan policy recommendations, supported by questionable data quality and analysis? There are plenty of critical reviews in peer-reviewed journals about that book.

It's Ph's field, though, so he can probably critique it more eloquently than I can.

I'm sure he will try. It's not the sanctioned answer.

eta: I can't believe we're seriously defending de jure public racial discrimination in 2016. With our history, how is that not a "Thou shalt not"?

I think an argument could be made that you are defending generations upon generations of institutional, de facto racism

I get that, but I'm an alternative medicine guy.

i hear you, bro

jerk-off-crystal-craigslist.jpg

Let's assume for a second that minorities are no longer overtly discriminated against in admissions or hiring, and that there is no longer a need to remedy the effects of past racial discrimination or that race based policies aren't the way to do that.

How would you feel about using race based policies to counteract implicit biases in admissions or hiring? Surely that's ok, right?

Yo jhmd, how many times have you read the abortion opinions this morning? Be honest!

Scalia replacement will make it a solid 5-4 on abortion rights. If Thomas leaving isn't a bluff, it will soon be 6-3. Social conservatives better play the Thomas leaving card hard now and beg him to stay after Trump loses.

Feb 18 2016Motion to allow counsel, or Guardian Ad Litem, to represent all unborn persons DENIED.
NICE

Scalia replacement will make it a solid 5-4 on abortion rights. If Thomas leaving isn't a bluff, it will soon be 6-3. Social conservatives better play the Thomas leaving card hard now and beg him to stay after Trump loses.

If Thomas does leave, Ginsburg will retire and Kennedy retires, it will be 7-2 for the next 20-30 years. Breyer is also likely to leave during Hillary's presidency.

Social conservatives are getting clowned. They rightfully don't trust Trump, so he had to slap together a wish list of dream justices. Can't move to the center on abortion or gay rights now for the general election or he loses the shaky support he bought with his half ass judge list. Social conservatives have to stunned by the reaction to HB2 and Orlando. Can block additional LGBT protections in the House, but will ultimately lose in the courts.

http://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...-and-the-future-of-affirmative-action/489023/

Whereas Asian American enrollment at the California Institute of Technology, which bases admission strictly on academics, grew from 25 percent in 1992 to 43 percent in 2013, it slightly decreased at Harvard[*]—from 19 percent to 18 percent. SFFA also points to a widely cited Princeton study, which in 2005 found that an Asian American applicant must score 140 points more than her white counterpart on the 1600-point SAT.

[*] Unstated: which considers race.

In America? Really guys?

Last edited:
Bill's justices didn't give us concepts like actual innocence is not enough to overturn a conviction or money is speech or one that effectively mute for most of a quarter century who thinks getting over 50% of his family income from a party in a suit is not enough to recuse himself. There's no reason to think Hillary's wouldn't be like Bill's.

Back