• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SCOTUS decisions

If Thomas does leave, Ginsburg will retire and Kennedy retires, it will be 7-2 for the next 20-30 years. Breyer is also likely to leave during Hillary's presidency.

Ginsburg fucked up by criticizing Trump directly multiple times. Trump or HRC is a horrible choice, so court choices matter for a lot of voters. Still think Thomas retiring is a ruse, but Ginsburg should step down in Hillary's first year. Replacing Scalia's going to be a shitstorm, even with Garland, so Hillary may not want to go through two bruising confirmation battles right out of the gate, even with a slim Dem Senate majority.

2nd Circuit turned down Tom Brady's request for a re-hearing of his cheating thing. Only the SCOTUS can save his cheating ass now.

I can't believe we're wasting time and money on this Brady thing

Do other countries see prominent sports controversies intersect with national politics like we do?

I think the whole thing exposes how dumb the players are to accept the CBA as written, this is like blank check power and authority of the commissioner over the players. The court basically said you are the dumbasses that agreed to this your bad. I'm sure people will predict a long drawn out CBA and strike etc in 4 years but the reality is the players union always folds because money money we need money!

States should seize the franchises by eminent domain and sell the team and league to the players and staff on a financing arrangement.

Brady's arrogance is why we're having this discussion. In the CBA, this issue is covered. It's a crummy $25,000 fine. All he had to do is say, "The guy's got carried away, Here's my check." Instead, he spent probably spent high into six figures and maybe more. He's wasted at least that much in NFLPA legal fees.

2nd Circuit turned down Tom Brady's request for a re-hearing of his cheating thing. Only the SCOTUS can save his cheating ass now.

Better yet, Ginsburg is apparently the 1 who will hear his request for a stay. The same Ginsburg who is currently fighting with Trump, Brady's good friend.

Edited to add that AbortedDeac is a solid parody poster.

Last edited:
Brady's arrogance is why we're having this discussion. In the CBA, this issue is covered. It's a crummy $25,000 fine. All he had to do is say, "The guy's got carried away, Here's my check." Instead, he spent probably spent high into six figures and maybe more. He's wasted at least that much in NFLPA legal fees.

I'm no Brady fan, but if you lived his life you might be prone to a high self opinion, too.

Supreme Court gives Ohio right to purge thousands of voters from its rolls

Opponents of Ohio's system, led by the A. Philip Randolph Institute, said it violated the National Voter Registration Act, which specifies that voters can be purged from the rolls only if they ask, move, are convicted of a felony, become mentally incapacitated, or die. More than half the voters in Ohio fail to cast a ballot over a two-year period, the group said, and those who receive the state's notices simply throw them away.

"The Supreme Court got this one wrong. The right to vote is not 'use it or lose it,'" said Chris Carson, president of the League of Women Voters of the United States. "This decision will fuel the fire of voter suppressors across the country who want to make sure their chosen candidates win reelection, no matter what the voters say."

Seems like a straightforward response to this would be a campaign telling people to vote or they’re going to take away your right to vote.

The next ruling will deny anyone but white, male, land owners from voting.

EDIT: Could this backfire? What if churches and schools and community groups organize to ensure people vote to avoid being dropped from the lists? The more people who vote. The less Republicans win.

Last edited:
Seems like a straightforward response to this would be a campaign telling people to vote or they’re going to take away your right to vote.

damn right. republicans conjure imaginary monster to scare rubes and suppress vote.

Back