• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe Joining Fox Sports South

Steed Lobotzke and his thoughts on his current WSSU players:

“I’m very happy with our talent level,” Lobotzke said. “The guys that we are projecting as starters are every bit as good as what I saw in recent years at Wake Forest. I think our top two quarterbacks (Rudy Johnson and Phillip Sims) could have easily played for us at Wake.”

This is why the Grobe staff is gone and very few of them have been able to find new jobs.

Holy shit. I know he is a nice guy and all but quotes like that make me want to punch a wall.

Haha... If only we could blame whoever was in charge or recruiting for football???

Just looked at his twitter for shits and giggles and he-retweeted this. . .
BtAKlcPCAAAOk1N.jpg
Am I just being sensitive or is that not the most sexist and demeaning thing towards women you have seen in awhile?

Also, where does one find statistics on salvation?

“When I was looking for jobs for this season, I went after a lot of (Division I) jobs and didn’t get them. They had other people, and I went after a lot of NFL quality-control jobs and didn’t get them. And so when the D-I stuff dried up, I looked at the best Division I-AA and D-II programs in the country — and Winston-Salem State jumped right out at me.”

Complete lack of self-awareness. Hard to believe so many people bought into this guy for so long.

He's just dumb. That's all there is to it.

He's just dumb. That's all there is to it.

From everything I've heard, Lobo is one of the classic examples of someone who is extremely smart in some ways, but apparently has no common sense. I think his biggest problem was that no matter how many charts, stats, and plans he had, he never realized you can't fit a square peg into a round hole.

“When I was looking for jobs for this season, I went after a lot of (Division I) jobs and didn’t get them. They had other people, and I went after a lot of NFL quality-control jobs and didn’t get them. And so when the D-I stuff dried up, I looked at the best Division I-AA and D-II programs in the country — and Winston-Salem State jumped right out at me.”

You have got to be shitting me.

Steed Lobotzke and his thoughts on his current WSSU players:

“I’m very happy with our talent level,” Lobotzke said. “The guys that we are projecting as starters are every bit as good as what I saw in recent years at Wake Forest. I think our top two quarterbacks (Rudy Johnson and Phillip Sims) could have easily played for us at Wake.”

This is why the Grobe staff is gone and very few of them have been able to find new jobs.

Phillip Sims was a 4 star recruit that signed with Alabama out of HS. There is no disputing his talent.

"Talent" and "good" aren't necessarily the same.

There's a reason dude wound up at WSSU

Also, where does one find statistics on salvation?

I know this one....

DelRio, Texas - First Church of the Gooey Death and Discount House of Worship. They have 'em....

Maybe Grobe will surprise us all and become like a Madden type color analyst:

"You see this guy knows how to get it done- in this replay here you can see how he attacked the hole while blowing 'snot bubbles' all over the place. He's a heck of a ball player and definitely not one of those soft 'knuckle head' type prima donna's. He plays every play like his 'hair is on fire.' Now back to you Wes."

He was supposedly paid $450K at Wake. He couldn't command near that on the open market.

what do you expect him to say - these WSSU guys are terrible. They could have never played for us at Wake. And on his career, was he suppose to say - yea, basically I suck so I never even tried to get another top level job. Heck, I am lucky these guys at WSSU even considered hiring me.

Time to move on.

He basically said the last sentence when talking about all the jobs he didn't get.

He didn't have to bring Wake into his evaluation of his players. He could have made the same point by saying some of them could have played in the ACC.

Last edited:
Back