• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe Joining Fox Sports South

what do you expect him to say - these WSSU guys are terrible. They could have never played for us at Wake. And on his career, was he suppose to say - yea, basically I suck so I never even tried to get another top level job. Heck, I am lucky these guys at WSSU even considered hiring me.

Time to move on.

Plenty of ways to speak highly of your new teams' players without admitting that your d2 players are as good as the players you recruited to an ACC school. Just more evidence of how low the bar has been at Wake. I quit listening to Grobe around 2010. Just clueless. All of them.

2574445-4236261275-okaay.gif

:df07batsignal:

Grobe may have raised the bar while at Wake, but he sure did his best to lower it over the last 5 years.

He left a broken program. Hopefully Clawson will be able to lead it to salvation.

Luckily, being a man and all, he's got a much better chance than if some baby was coaching the team.

I just feel bad for MY RAMS at WSSU. Lobo sucks. Im a fucking better OC than that clown. He needs to do something else.

“When I was looking for jobs for this season, I went after a lot of (Division I) jobs and didn’t get them. They had other people, and I went after a lot of NFL quality-control jobs and didn’t get them. And so when the D-I stuff dried up, I looked at the best Division I-AA and D-II programs in the country — and Winston-Salem State jumped right out at me.”

Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken. Did he really say that?

edit - I see from the Journal article link he did...

Last edited:
Wonder how Lobo's statement regarding talent is playing @ Wake?

Burning bridges!

I just feel bad for MY RAMS at WSSU. Lobo sucks. Im a fucking better OC than that clown. He needs to do something else.

Rams' top receiver transfering to Hampton to be closer to home. Lobo will have his hands full.

Poor bastard was so desperate that he interviewed for the head coaching job at wssu and then went back begging to be hired as the offensive coordinator.

You're right, we should have some compassion. Think about having to go out every day and do a job for which you are incompetent. Not only that, you know you are incompetent and everyone with at least three living brain cells knows you are incompetent, too. Man, that would suck. Guy has to support himself and his family, though, so he keeps on keeping on. Must be a living hell. Kind of like watching the Wake offense, now that I think about it. Karma is a bitch.

You're right, we should have some compassion. Think about having to go out every day and do a job for which you are incompetent. Not only that, you know you are incompetent and everyone with at least three living brain cells knows you are incompetent, too. Man, that would suck. Guy has to support himself and his family, though, so he keeps on keeping on. Must be a living hell. Kind of like watching the Wake offense, now that I think about it. Karma is a bitch.

Sadly, the highlight of the season last year was when I was leaving the ULa-Monroe game and passing Lobo as he was leaving the tower and I yelled at him about how pathetic his offense was. He just gave me a look and kept walking. That's out of character for me, but I'd had enough and it felt good!!!

so Elrod's coaching career was dependent on the head coaches of his alma mater hooking him up with assistant jobs.

And then when the new coach went another direction, Wake went out of its way to get Elrod two cushy jobs connected to the University.

And then it was Wake's fault that this ungrateful benedict arnold stabbed the school in the back?

Last edited:
so Elrod's coaching career was dependent on the head coaches of his alma mater hooking him up with assistant jobs.

And then when the new coach went another direction, Wake went out of its way to get Elrod two cushy jobs connected to the University.

And then it was Wake's fault that this ungrateful benedict arnold stabbed the school in the back?

Its time to move on from this garbage, quit bringing it up please.

it's time to unmask this troll^^

if you're not a parody, you're an idiot

Back