• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 151: Proud to be a Demon Deacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah Napster in its heyday was awesome. sorry you were late to the party when Napster sucked.

I'm pretty sure there is a poster here who had a friend sued by Metallica because of Napster.

Napster and starting at Wake were phenomenal for music. Other students would have their entire mp3 files on the shared drive for the school. Just had to search around and find who has it all open and out there. Between that and Napster, so many free songs.

Oh man, I forgot all about that. That. Was. Awesome.

Napster and starting at Wake were phenomenal for music. Other students would have their entire mp3 files on the shared drive for the school. Just had to search around and find who has it all open and out there. Between that and Napster, so many free songs.

Yep, nothing but folders and folders of songs all out on the shared drive. I started in '96, so before AIM we used some program called Winpop.

I don't think I was allowed to use the internet without parental supervision when Napster was in its prime. Maybe? I don't remember.

I just didn't have a computer. We would go over to a buddy's house and download tons of shit though.

I got a computer my freshman year of HS for my birthday, and my friend came over and promptly installed Napster on it. that computer had a CD burner which was the new thing and I burned so many mix CDs. I remember I would always scan the Best Buy, Target, and CIRCUIT CITY (RIP) ads for whoever had the best blank CD deals.

Yep, nothing but folders and folders of songs all out on the shared drive. I started in '96, so before AIM we used some program called Winpop.

HAHAHA! Totally forgot about Winpop!

you could also download off their shared songs on iTunes, which was great as well

Oh, never mind I was balls deep in Kazaa at that point. Maybe I did have Napster for longer than I remember. Although I wasn't really that into music at the time, so maybe not.

Oh, never mind I was balls deep in Kazaa at that point. Maybe I did have Napster for longer than I remember. Although I wasn't really that into music at the time, so maybe not.

You were balls deep in a service that dropped in 2001 in the year 2000?

Oink >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Napster/Kazaa/Limewire

y'all plebs just didn't have the invite

Was there something besides Napster, that predated Kazaa?

Maybe Morpheus? There were a few services out there that paralleled Napster's rise, but until Napster got fucked by LARS, none of them were very highly used. I remember trying to find a replacement for Napster when it died. Tried LimeWire, WinMX, Morpheus, etc. hated all of them.

Anyone watched Downloaded the documentary about Napster on Netflix. I miss the glory days of Napster. You #youngbloods won't remember, but it was THAT SHIT for what seemed like forever (really more like a year).

Sharing files on the Wake Network was before and even better. You could search pretty much anyone on campus.

Oink >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Napster/Kazaa/Limewire

y'all plebs just didn't have the invite

Look here, child, you are are coming at me with a service that came out HALF A DECADE after Napster CHANGED THE GAME like you are SOMEBODY?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back