• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 151: Proud to be a Demon Deacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from Sydney, Nova Scotia. Gonna do the Cabot Trail today. In spite of what you may have heard about this part of the world, we have not yet encountered any cocaine-fueled violence gangs terrorizing the countryside. In fact, it has been quite scenic and pleasant.
Nice you'll have to report back, are you hiking?
I stayed on the southern part of Nova Scotia (Yarmouth) on a fishing trip this time last year. It's a pretty drive from Halifax but 103 gets repetitive after a few hours.

The people watching in the Duval County Courthouse is amazing and that includes the attorneys.

Logitech has good customer service, call them

Experimenting with a standing desk today
apu4y3ug.jpg

Very ergonomic. Nice design. 10/10 would stand again.

Keyboard way too high there. I'd have carpal tunnel by noon with that set-up.

My mouse hand has been getting cramps lately. I'm trying not to panic but all I think is OMG CARPAL TUNNEL.

Keyboard way too high there. I'd have carpal tunnel by noon with that set-up.

Yeah, we have a tiny office, so I just mocked it up with some of the first boxes I found. Will ideally lower keyboard if I like the setup.

Yeah, we have a tiny office, so I just mocked it up with some of the first boxes I found. Will ideally lower keyboard if I like the setup.

Nice. Standing is awesome. You'll have some tired legs for the first week or so but it gets better.

I've been really spoiled at work by a standing desk that goes up and down electronically depending on whether I want to sit or stand. Probs the worst thing about moving and working remote is that I can't bring my desk with me.

Nice. Standing is awesome. You'll have some tired legs for the first week or so but it gets better.

I've been really spoiled at work by a standing desk that goes up and down electronically depending on whether I want to sit or stand. Probs the worst thing about moving and working remote is that I can't bring my desk with me.

Did you ask if you could take it to your remote work locations?

No doubt it'll take some getting used to. But seriously, in the hour or so I've had it up I definitely feel better (as in not as sluggish, etc). Would be awesome to get one to go up and down cause I'm sure I won't want it up ALL THE TIME. Not sure that's in the budget unfortunately.

Did you ask if you could take it to your remote work locations?

Yeah. They said they'd prefer I didn't.

I could probably definitely negotiate/push for it, but it's probably not worth it. I'll save enough money in an NC city that I can afford to buy my own with the first month's rent savings.

No doubt it'll take some getting used to. But seriously, in the hour or so I've had it up I definitely feel better (as in not as sluggish, etc). Would be awesome to get one to go up and down cause I'm sure I won't want it up ALL THE TIME. Not sure that's in the budget unfortunately.

A comfy bar stool or drafting table chair works great for relief if you don't want to constantly adjust your desk. My coworker has his desk on concrete blocks and just does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back