• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

I'm halfway through the Chance album and it fades to the background pretty easily, nothing really sticks

not bad, but also not that compelling (yet)

Sometimes I think about how 300 years ago in the past we had Bach, but we won't even have a world 300 years into the future. Whoa.

Here's a blues guy, you may never have heard of. When he was young, he played with John Mayall and Canned Heat. Then for a decade, he played small venues and even bars in the U.S. while have a strong concert hall following in Europe.

Man, this is pure. That Sugaree. Heavy on Donna a few songs in, but she is sounding very good -- no squeals/wails yet.

i'm really digging The Big Day tbh

it's not Acid Rap or Coloring Book or even Surf, but it's good

Can't believe I just found out about Cody Jinks recently. The pop country explosion must be stopped.

Couple discoveries from XPN this weekend for me were Sister Sparrow and the Dirty Birds and RFA.

RFA rocked out. From Philly.

Place I might be working is putting on a show in September with this guy (among others), who I always confuse with Eric Bachmann of Crooked Fingers/Archers of Loaf. Even though they're very different. But the names. It is also not Randy Bachman of the Guess Who and Bachman Turner Overdrive. All different people.

https://frontierruckusarchive.bandcamp.com/track/the-deep-yard-dream-2

Most of my dreams are robberies
The fam'ly dies the child flees
Through backyards filled with enemies and
Fences fleshed by panicked knees and
Freedom is the deep-night there
The hurried-flight emergencies
Hospital-hell tragedies are finding me in countries
So far
From my home
So hard
The night's grown
And it seems to holler and glow...
So long

I love Creedence. I heard Fogerty on Fresh Air or something and he was asked why a guy from NorCal wrote all these songs about the swamp and bayous and such and he said when he was a kid they took a road trip to Louisiana and he thought it was pretty cool.

Yeah, Fogerty has one of the great rock voices of all time, and could write some fucking licks, man.

Fogerty writing about the Bayou is a bit like Robbie Robertson writing about the South and Civil War and shit, I guess. I'll take both of them. I put on Green River the other day and it sounded so good. I was pounding the roof of my car like the Dude.

This video is interspersed within the link above, but if you just want the Woodstock footage, here it go. Great guitar solo on "Put A Spell On You."

Back