• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014 Ryder Cup Thread

Match 1
Bubba/Webb vs Rose/Stenson

Match 2
Fowler/Walker vs Bjorn/Kaymer

Match 3
Spieth/Reed vs Gallacher/Poulter

Match 4
Keegan/Phil vs Rory/Sergio

Match 1
Bubba/Webb vs Rose/Stenson

Match 2
Fowler/Walker vs Bjorn/Kaymer

Match 3
Spieth/Reed vs Gallacher/Poulter

Match 4
Keegan/Phil vs Rory/Sergio

We clearly expected McIlroy to be in either the first or last match.

If Watson was using a pod system, he just broke out of it with the Spieth/Reed pairing.

Never thought I'd see the day where Westwood doesn't play in opening fourballs for Europe.

Spieth and Reed have played the practice rounds together and were partners today.

If Watson was using a pod system, he just broke out of it with the Spieth/Reed pairing.

Think the fear of Reed in alt shot may have had something to do with it. I really like Kuchar (injury), Furyk (age/1-8-1 record in fourball), Zach and Mahan rested for alt shot. Sit Reed, Webb, Bubba and whoever struggles between Spieth/Walker in the afternoon. Wow, Match 4!

Spieth and Reed have played the practice rounds together and were partners today.

Which day? On Tuesday they weren't together. I didn't see where the practice groupings were any different on Wednesday vs. Tuesday.

Which day? On Tuesday they weren't together. I didn't see where the practice groupings were any different on Wednesday vs. Tuesday.

Yea sorry. They partnered today in the practice round. And Spieth said this morning on TGC after the practice round he would be playing with Reed.

Hmmm. Looks like coin flip, coin flip, loss, loss.

Hopefully we come out with 2 points... I'm guessing 1 and a half though.

My boys Spieth and Reed are going to make it happen.

Yea sorry. They partnered today in the practice round. And Spieth said this morning on TGC after the practice round he would be playing with Reed.

Interesting change up. PGA President Ted Bishop was on the radio yesterday evening with Katrek and Maginnes and said he would be very shocked if Watson broke away from the pods that were apparent from the first 2 practice rounds.

Hmmm. Looks like coin flip, coin flip, loss, loss.

Hopefully we come out with 2 points... I'm guessing 1 and a half though.

I don't think match 2 is a coin flip. It's the one match I feel really good about for the US.

And I think match 3 is a coin flip. Both US players have exceptional match play records. Poulter's magic needs to end soon.

Interesting change up. PGA President Ted Bishop was on the radio yesterday evening with Katrek and Maginnes and said he would be very shocked if Watson broke away from the pods that were apparent from the first 2 practice rounds.

From most of the player quotes, it doesn't seem like Watson is very in tune with these guys - which is sad because Watson is fucking awesome and most of their comments reeked of weakness.

Maybe I'm biased because I got to play #17 at Sawgrass last year with Watson and he was cool as hell...

What's the general thinking on how US would need to get their 14.5 points to win the Cup? 8 points fourballs, 8 points foursomes, 12 points singles. Guessing split fourballs, win 3/8 foursomes and get 7.5 singles.

Back