Page 13 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823631135131013 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 20657

Thread: F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

  1. #241
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    69,281
    Quote Originally Posted by tau06 View Post
    Where are those debt numbers coming from?
    From the CBO as linked on multiple threads.

  2. #242
    A Young Go-Hard
    myDeaconmyhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peters Creek
    Posts
    26,246
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmd2000 View Post
    Oh, you better believe I'm looking out for just such an opportunity. I need to a t.v. and some new shoes. I plan on getting my fair of social justice through a broken out store front window at the expense of someone who did absolutely nothing wrong but try to work and run a business.
    Do you think that trolling me is going to hide your inability to debate the topic? The fact that some advantageous idiots looted doesn't de-legitimize the social outcry over police brutality against black people. Are you such a lazy racist that you let the fox news twitter feed fight your battles for you?
    Draxx them sklounst

  3. #243
    -------------------------
    DeaconSlim2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    RoCo
    Posts
    9,593
    This shit is just beyond pathetic at this point.

    THIS is why nothing ever gets done about the serious problems.

  4. #244
    Historically Competitive
    Wrangor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississippi Delta
    Posts
    12,412

    F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

    I sympathize with the protestors. Just wish they would learn from MLK. There is a real opportunity here to impact the country and they are going to miss it because they don't have someone mature enough to lead and help the protestors express themselves in a non destructive manner. Imagine the true impact of a fierce, unbreakable non violent protest right now.

    THAT would get the worlds attention.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Do you think that trolling me is going to hide your inability to debate the topic? The fact that some advantageous idiots looted doesn't de-legitimize the social outcry over police brutality against black people. Are you such a lazy racist that you let the fox news twitter feed fight your battles for you?
    Who is "debating" the merits of police brutality? Put the straw man down, climb down off that cross of yours and read a little more carefully.

  6. #246
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    64,373

    F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangor View Post
    I sympathize with the protestors. Just wish they would learn from MLK. There is a real opportunity here to impact the country and they are going to miss it because they don't have someone mature enough to lead and help the protestors express themselves in a non destructive manner. Imagine the true impact of a fierce, unbreakable non violent protest right now.

    THAT would get the worlds attention.
    MLK didn't keep everyone from violence in the movement. I love MLK, but that's revisionism. I do think there is a leadership void in the modern civil rights movement though. Mainly because younger leaders have not, or perhaps have not been allowed to, emerge.

  7. #247
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,855
    People who aren't sympathetic because a few people are looting wouldn't be sympathetic to a pure nonviolent movement.

  8. #248
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    105,855
    Explain. If all it takes is a few bad apples to dissuade somebody from being against militarized violence, it's hard to say they're really against it.

  9. #249
    Rick Monday
    19deac92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    People who aren't sympathetic because a few people are looting wouldn't be sympathetic to a pure nonviolent movement.

  10. #250
    last night someone shot at a cop car. to me thats the game changer and its time to wrap this shit up. you've had your 7 days of fame, now its time to go back to work

  11. #251
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    64,373

    F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Explain. If all it takes is a few bad apples to dissuade somebody from being against militarized violence, it's hard to say they're really against it.
    Are you making the claim that people were generally sympathetic to the civil rights movement before dogs and hoses were turned on nonviolent protestors?

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Serious question, why aren't more LEOs using non lethal weapons? I'm going to assume the answer is just the NRA.
    No doubt being a cop is a difficult and stressful job, but I've never understood cases where suspects are shot multiple times when they're unarmed. In the NYC case that inspired Springsteen's "41 Shots", 4 cops fired 41 shots, 19 of which hit an unarmed man. It would be different if the guy had been holding a gun or fired first, but all 4 cops were acquitted.

    In the Ferguson case, there are at least 2 witnesses to what happened outside of the cop car, but only the cop can testify what happened inside the car. I can understand if there was a struggle for the cop's gun and Brown was shot and killed inside the car, but witnesses allege Brown was shot outside the car multiple times. Brown wouldn't have been going for the cop's gun if he had his own weapon, so the cop had to have some inkling that he shot an unarmed man who wasn't a threat to himself or the community. Think the cop lost it in the heat of the moment, resulting in tragic consequences. Seems the best course of action would have been to tase Brown or shoot him once and then call for back up. Kinda hard to understand why he shot him multiple times, especially if the witnesses don't claim Brown acted aggressively toward the cop after being shot the first time. The extra shots will be difficult to explain away.

    Not clear if Ferguson PD released the convenience store video to poison the public against Brown or intimidate one of the witnesses who was an accomplice to a strong arm robbery, but it definitely inflamed a community that had already rioted and looted. I've watched two interviews with the other witness, Tiffany Mitchell, and she was very calm, poised, and credible. She'll be difficult to discredit. Can't imagine what will happen in Ferguson if no charges are brought against the cop.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by FuckmouthedRube View Post
    Ferguson Police could not have handled this more poorly:

    -Cop shot Brown in broad daylight and nobody even checked on him for 30-40 minutes
    -Left a dead body uncovered in the street for 4 or 5 hours in plain view of a community
    -After multiple nights of violence they release the video of the kid stealing at the same time they identify the officer

    Certainly not excusing robbery and looting, but strong armed robbery or jaywalking aren't and shouldn't be capital offenses. Ferguson PD is tone deaf and needlessly antagonized the community. It's painfully obvious that they didn't just receive the robbery video yesterday.
    cops could not make it to the crime scene as just after the incident, there was another shooting in the neighborhood and a gunman was unaccounted for. this incident didnt take place in mayberry in case people havent figured that out; and the other shooting suspect was not arrested until 3-4pm

  14. #254
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    69,281
    Quote Originally Posted by towelie99 View Post
    cops could not make it to the crime scene as just after the incident, there was another shooting in the neighborhood and a gunman was unaccounted for. this incident didnt take place in mayberry in case people havent figured that out; and the other shooting suspect was not arrested until 3-4pm
    Are you really to give excuses for a cop getting out of his car, knowing Brown didn't have a gun, and shot the unarmed teen?

  15. #255
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    64,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    When has this happened in the last 50 years?
    We're talking about Dr. King. Try to keep up.

  16. #256
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    69,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    When has this happened in the last 50 years?
    Civil rights have gotten better but are still very problematic. For the first time since the 60s, state governments have instituted laws that intentionally make voting more difficult for minorities. This was unthinkable until recently.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Are you really to give excuses for a cop getting out of his car, knowing Brown didn't have a gun, and shot the unarmed teen?
    nope, it also might have been a challenge for the cop to go to the scene as his face was beaten and required 2 days in the hospital after the assault. not making excuses, just stating facts that are being reported elsewhere

  18. #258
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    69,281
    Quote Originally Posted by towelie99 View Post
    nope, it also might have been a challenge for the cop to go to the scene as his face was beaten and required 2 days in the hospital after the assault. not making excuses, just stating facts that are being reported elsewhere
    Actually what you are doing is giving motive to the cop to commit murder. He got punched, was pissed, stopped his car, got out and gunned down someone he know was unarmed and leaving the situation.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    Actually what you are doing is giving motive to the cop to commit murder. He got punched, was pissed, stopped his car, got out and gunned down someone he know was unarmed and leaving the situation.
    and nowhere have i said that was correct. if so, i agree the cop should be disciplined to the full extent of the law ..... carry on

  20. #260
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    69,281
    What's the point in bringing up that the cop who stopped two kids for jaywalking (how many white kids do you think that cop stopped for jaywalking?). Then the cop wasn't done. He backed up to mess with them a second time ABOUT JAYWALKING. The Chief of Police told a group of national reporters the stop was about jaywalking.

    To bring up anything is to muddy the waters of the situation. Whether you think you are or not, you are putting blame on the victim.

    This entire mess was about JAYWALKING...not ONE but TWO stops about JAYWALKING.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •