• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Two bits of branding news:

I know next to nothing about Magic: The Gathering. I definitely didn't know there were "racist cards."

https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/10/2...-banned-removed-from-database-wizards-apology

crusade_mtg.jpeg

jihad_mtg.jpeg

cleanse_mtg.jpeg

A popular country group changes its name.
103369756_3623130974367076_7398568157766887560_o.jpg

It's a good message because they make it clear that society hasn't changed, the overall situation has changed. They are just watching and listening and understanding as a result. It's not about "these times" or even just George Floyd. They acknowledge they didn't realize.

This is why I'm optimistic. It is a small step to realize celebrating "antebellum" in any way is an endorsement of racism. Any band or company or other entity with "antebellum," "Dixie," or "plantation" in the name needs to do the work to show they don't endorse racism. This moves the conversation forward.

Invoke Predjudice is by far the worst offender on this list.

Wizards of the Coast who also owns D&D has been getting a lot of pressure from fans to be more diverse in hiring. This change is a step in the right direction, but they have a lot of work to do.

Trump told people in Dallas that there is no systemic racism in law enforcement by not inviting the top three people in Dallas law enforcement - the Police Chief, Sherriff and DA. Oh yeah, they are all black.

You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:
When asked what a community looks like without police, AOC said “a suburb”

I think that’s instructive for those finding themselves asking that question

Yep, no police wouldn't create crime or vigilantes or harm innocent people. I'll be able to ride my unicorn to the dinner party at the Loch Ness Monster's summer place.

Trump’s Republican “celebration” speech in Jacksonville will come on the 60th anniversary of “Ax Handle Saturday.”

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobi...ville-history-occurred-56-years-ago/309628839

———-

That infamous Saturday, The Youth Council of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) was participating in a peaceful protest, sitting at a whites only lunch counter until they were spit on by attackers.

According to The Florida Historical Society, things escalated and 200 white people chased them through the streets of downtown Jacksonville, beating them with ax handles and baseball bats.

Though the attack was originally aimed at the protestors, it soon began to include any black person in sight, according to the FHS. Authorities stood idly by until members of a black street gang called "The Boomerangs" tried to help those being attacked, at which point some members of the police joined in the beatings.

————

Man.

“If you sleep during a riot, what are you doing during a regular shift when there’s no riot? … What makes you comfortable enough a supervisor won’t hold you accountable? … step up or step out. I’m not playing.”

Was it a riot or a peaceful protest? I support the protesters, but I don't get the outrage towards these cops - weren't they doing what the protesters wanted them to do - stay the hell away? If a peaceful protest against the police turns into a riot because the cops stayed away like the protesters wanted, that isn't the cops' fault, that is the protesters' fault. The last two weeks all we've heard is how the cops shouldn't be up in the face of the protesters and then violence wouldn't happen, that the cops are the cause of the violence. These cops stayed away and the violence apparently happened anyway.

Was it a riot or a peaceful protest? I support the protesters, but I don't get the outrage towards these cops - weren't they doing what the protesters wanted them to do - stay the hell away? If a peaceful protest against the police turns into a riot because the cops stayed away like the protesters wanted, that isn't the cops' fault, that is the protesters' fault. The last two weeks all we've heard is how the cops shouldn't be up in the face of the protesters and then violence wouldn't happen, that the cops are the cause of the violence. These cops stayed away and the violence apparently happened anyway.

Lol

Back