• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw Hell or High Water. It was very good. Jeff Bridges can play that part for another ten years. He's the perfect crusty old cop or cowboy. Chris Pine and Ben Foster were excellent as the bank robber brothers.

West Texas is best seen on a big screen not even a 60" home screen.

Definitely worth seeing.

Anthropoid was well done. Pretty dark movie but it goes with the subject. Cillian Murphy and James Dornan were very good. Drags a little in some parts but overall a decent/good wartime movie.

Last edited:
Saw Eye in the Sky. Thought it was pretty good. Sad to see Alan Rickman.

Watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit on cable last night. It certainly doesn't live up to the Baldwin/Ford movies, but it's not altogether awful either. Weird to hear Keira Knightley with an American accent.

Watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit on cable last night. It certainly doesn't live up to the Baldwin/Ford movies, but it's not altogether awful either. Weird to hear Keira Knightley with an American accent.

ha, my wife was watching it, too. Super weird about Knightly.

Couldnt sleep last night and I watched the Point Break remake and it was as bad as I expected. It had none of the offbeat charm of the original, no humor or fun, and the acting was sullen and boring. The original is no masterpiece, but it's still a fun movie after 25 years. The remake is instantly forgettable.

Couldnt sleep last night and I watched the Point Break remake and it was as bad as I expected. It had none of the offbeat charm of the original, no humor or fun, and the acting was sullen and boring. The original is no masterpiece, but it's still a fun movie after 25 years. The remake is instantly forgettable.

I think people forget that Kathryn Bigelow directed the original. Now she's winning Oscars. Not a coincidence that the original holds up relatively well.

Posted on the CT but finally watched Interstellar on amazon prime. It definitely has its flaws but it absolutely nailed the emotional aspect. I can't remember the last time I cried watching a movie but that was as close as it gets.

for reals? That must be some good reefer. It got so dumbass stupid towards the end that I thought about walking out. Matty Mac is a great actor tho

for reals? That must be some good reefer. It got so dumbass stupid towards the end that I thought about walking out. Matty Mac is a great actor tho

Yeah, it kind of went off the rails the last hour (once he went into the black hole) but the first goodbye scene with Murph and when the got back from the planet with the big waves and it had been 23 years or whatever and he started watching the videos...man that shit got to me.

Hell or High Water was very good. Chris Pine, Ben Foster, and Jeff Bridges were all great. Probably my second favorite Ben Foster performance behind 3:10 to Yuma.

Hell or High Water was very good. Chris Pine, Ben Foster, and Jeff Bridges were all great. Probably my second favorite Ben Foster performance behind 3:10 to Yuma.

Hell or High Water; by far the best flick I have seen all year. Don't miss it.

Just watched Nice Guys. Wife and I really enjoyed it; first time i've like watching Gosling since Drive (and Crowe, too, honestly).

Yeah, it kind of went off the rails the last hour (once he went into the black hole) but the first goodbye scene with Murph and when the got back from the planet with the big waves and it had been 23 years or whatever and he started watching the videos...man that shit got to me.

Based on all the astrophysics theory throughout the movie, and the concept of bending time and a fifth dimension of bulk beings, you knew they were going to attempt some next-level shit with black holes. It didn't work flawlessly, sure, but it was still innovative and visually stunning.

Back