• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I'll add VHS to my list of found footage horror flicks that don't suck (Creep, Paranormal Activity, Blair Witch, etc.). It's on Prime Instant Video.

Wingard is studly.

It's hard to categorize "found footage" horror films anymore, because seemingly half of them are found footage.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Trick R' Treat is a very good horror anthology film.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Caught part of Gods of Egypt on HBO last night. That's a top 5 worst movie I've ever seen. Fuck it was awful.

Watched Steve Jobs yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Fassbender was solid. Kate Winslet great too

I just tried watching Gods of Egypt on HBO, can I get some pity up in here? My god.

Now I'm tempted to watch Gods of Egypt. I passed when I saw it listed on HBOGO because I figured it was simply bad, but it sounds like it's epically bad.

I just tried watching Gods of Egypt on HBO, can I get some pity up in here? My god.

I made it through twenty minutes. Then read this post and LK's and thankfully saved myself.

St. Vincent (via Showtime): Bill Murray is his classic brilliant self. The bit where the kid (Oliver) nominated him for sainthood nearly moved me to tears, I guess because Murray's character reminds me so much of my own Dad. Good stuff for those of us who appreciate how much having a strong male role model matters ... (8.5/10)

Just got home from a screening of the French body horror Evolution and it's one of the worst films I've seen in quite some time. Slow enough to make Under the Skin look like a Bourne movie, and full of extended close up 'reaction' shots in which the characters stare blankly in silence. I had a feeling I would hate it after the first 15 minutes and nothing happened to change that. Utterly unredeemable... I guess the sound design was pretty good, but that's it.

Just got home from a screening of the French body horror Evolution and it's one of the worst films I've seen in quite some time. Slow enough to make Under the Skin look like a Bourne movie, and full of extended close up 'reaction' shots in which the characters stare blankly in silence. I had a feeling I would hate it after the first 15 minutes and nothing happened to change that. Utterly unredeemable... I guess the sound design was pretty good, but that's it.

Speaking of sound design, have you ever seen Berberian Sound Studio? Any good?

Back