• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Saw The Upside a couple days ago. I enjoyed it much more than what the critics said. It’s an easy movie to watch and enjoy.

Mary Queen of Scots- you can skip it, you wont miss anything.

I was hoping for an alternative view about the dynastic struggle between Queen Elizabeth and her cousin, Mary Stuart. Instead, it was a disjointed view of two women who totally respected each other, but men ruined their relationship. Even if you are just hoping for some drone footage of the Highlands, you will leave disappointed.

Watched "The Favorite" tonight and Yorgos Lathimos knocked it out the park..again. Dude is one of the best directors working.

Just watched Hostiles on my flight to NY.

Wow, that was depressing from start to finish.

Caught The Bridge on the River Kwai yesterday for the first time. Good stuff. Alec Guinness is great.

"Madness! Madness!"

I was going to do a double feature and rewatch After Hours, not because of any thematic link, but because a buddy of mine had lent them both to me. I got tired, though, and will have to finish it tonight. I love Griffin Dunne giving Linda Fiorentino a massage and goes "You have a great body." And she deadpans. "Yes. Not a lot of scars." I dig it. I'll finish it this week, it's a wild ride.

Last edited:
Just watched Hostiles on my flight to NY.

Wow, that was depressing from start to finish.

Yeah that movie was beautifully shot but it also makes you want to shoot yourself in the head...not really entertaining, though probably accurate as to the ugliness of the era.

it was a funny contrast to TLJ because people were upset that TLJ tore down a lot of their ideas for where the saga was headed. Solo was pure fan service at every point. Want to see how Han met Chewie and Lando, won the Falcon and made the Kessel Run? It's all here!

Solo is a a good movie that was released at a bad time. Woody, as always, is fun.

Saw Glass. I liked it, but it could have been better if they didn't spend the entire first hour or more explaining what happened in the first two movies. Most movies can recap that in about 20 mins. My only other real critique would be that I don't think Shyamalan's camera tricks are well suited for this type of movie. I'm no camera guru, but it seems to be a lot more of an in your face, close up style that is used to build suspense rather than capture action. This movie has both, but he only really succeeded in one. My last comment would be that the entire character of the Horde could have gone completely sideways without a solid actor, and James McAvoy did a really good job of keeping that character interesting and one that could be taken at least halfway serious.

All in all, I commend Shyamalan for this series. It's fun, bold, and is why even after all of his duds, I still respect him as a writer and director. The man puts himself out there, and he tried something that wasn't a grandslam, but is a solid double. So kudos to him.

Saw Glass. I liked it, but it could have been better if they didn't spend the entire first hour or more explaining what happened in the first two movies. Most movies can recap that in about 20 mins. My only other real critique would be that I don't think Shyamalan's camera tricks are well suited for this type of movie. I'm no camera guru, but it seems to be a lot more of an in your face, close up style that is used to build suspense rather than capture action. This movie has both, but he only really succeeded in one. My last comment would be that the entire character of the Horde could have gone completely sideways without a solid actor, and James McAvoy did a really good job of keeping that character interesting and one that could be taken at least halfway serious.

All in all, I commend Shyamalan for this series. It's fun, bold, and is why even after all of his duds, I still respect him as a writer and director. The man puts himself out there, and he tried something that wasn't a grandslam, but is a solid double. So kudos to him.

Not so much a limited edition as an origin story

Caught Molly's Game over the weekend. It reminded me a lot of I Tonya in the sense that this is a trash person who deserves zero sympathy, but is supposed to be the protagonist of the story. That said, every scene with Chastain and Elba was electric. I'd love to see them in a Bond movie together.

Also, the costume designer clearly deserves some kind of Oscar for the amount of effort that went into making sure Chastain's rack was hanging out for the entire movie.

Agree with your assessment of Molly's Game and Elba, Chastain and her rack. I'm all for Idris as Bond.

Caught Death of Stalin last month, and I've watched it a couple extra times. That's 1 of my favorite comedies of the 21st century. Great cast and writing. Jason Isaacs was fantastic as Zhukov.

Watched the documentary on Jimmy Breslin and Pete Hamill last night and recommend it. I'm not a New Yorker and have lived my entire life between MD and NC. I wasn't familiar with Hamill at all, but of course had heard of Breslin because I grew up in the 80s and was into journalism in high school. I probably mostly heard of him because of his Son of Sam coverage, but I didn't really know much more. I wasn't as interested in Hamill, but Breslin was quite the character, and I found it interesting how he would pursue unique angles on stories.

i hesitantly watched Alpha over the weekend. It's a little slow but I really ended up enjoying the movie.

Watched Solo on a whim yesterday and it was my favorite after the original trilogy and probably at least equal to RotJ, but, for me, far superior to any of the new ones. Charming, and the cheesy parts were for the most part pulled off by good perfrormances.

Farenheit 11/9 is a brilliant bait and switch by MM. He suggested 2 hrs of Trump bashing and instead the movie is a wake up call to the dirty Democratic Party.

I thought the Flint segment was powerful though it was not necessary to pull Trump into it.

Moore already had a far more evil villain.

Great movie. I enjoy everything he does.

Also, the part that shows how the DNC and Hillary robbed Bernie was poignant and infuriating.

Take it from a Bernie backer

Jesus, normally why would I have to say this but I’m such a tunnels troll. The movie is much better than the liberal pack of critics let on, but I’m assuming they did not appreciate that their expectation of a Trump bashing turned into a democrat party call to arms by Moore

Don’t worry, rjk, pelosi and schumer will save you

Last edited:
Back