• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

I watched Serenity (I think this was Whedon's first film). I had never seen or heard about it before. It was a pretty solid, entertaining flick. The movie won't make you ponder the meaning of life, but its fun.

Roeg is one of my favorite directors, and I think this may be his masterpiece. Can't wait to see the Criterion blu-ray transfer.

The money shot always makes me think of numbers:

hqdefault.jpg

I watched Serenity (I think this was Whedon's first film). I had never seen or heard about it before. It was a pretty solid, entertaining flick. The movie won't make you ponder the meaning of life, but its fun.

You might want to check out Firefly immediately.

Watched Local Hero last night, starring Peter Riegert (Otter from Animal House) and Burt Lancaster -- nothing out of this world, but a nice, quiet, quirky comedy about BIG OIL trying to buy up some Scottish coast land. Very nice. Just enough moments of magic and wildness.

Watched about an hour and a half of Husbands, which was difficult but I was actually enjoying; but holy shit, my man Cassavetes can go on a bit. I know he does it on purpose, but it can make for tough viewing. Still, Gazzara, Falk, and Cassavetes were all great to that point -- I'll have to finish it later.

Saw two movies I'd wanted to see for a while this weekend. I thought John Wick was awesome. Defs looking forward to the inevitable sequel. A Walk Among the Tombstones was not all that great. I had pretty high hopes but it just was pretty boring and meh. Watching it immediately after the ass-whopping awesomeness of John Wick probably didn't help its case.

Watched "Chef" over the weekend - solid flick. Great food/kitchen scenes - I read after the fact that LA legend Roy Choi was a consultant / co-producer on the film.

ugh, serenity was a total punt for that universe. I almost wish they never made it.

Saw McFarland USA yesterday. Sure it was cheesy, but a delicious cheese that that was awesomely tasty, I saw it with my eight year old who loved it and said he felt like cheering at the end. Best cross country running movie evah!!!!

Watched The Theory of Everything last night, holy crap Eddie Redmayne was good. Birdman the night before, Keaton was awesome in that, but I felt like it was trying a little too hard to be deep.

Gonna watch Inside Man tonight I think, since the wife has never seen it, I love this movie.

Watched The Place Beyond the Pines. I feel like the trailer really misled what it was about but it was a pretty great use of my time.

Currently recording Her.

I meant the movie's themes would appeal to a millennial.

Just re-watched Manhunter.

I liked Birdman a lot less than I was led to believe I would. The last half was good but I turned to my girlfriend an hour in and said "I'm not feeling this at all".

Back