• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Just knocked out the following within the last week or so:

Big Hero 6 - not bad, not great
Let's Be Cops - mindless buddy comedy, good for a few cheap laughs
The Imposter - gripping doc, but ultimately anticlimactic
Divergent - forced to watch it thanks to the 22 year old girl having control over the Netflix. Made my eyes and ears bleed. One of the worst pieces of shit I've ever been forced to witness
Wet Hot American Summer - can't believe it took me this long to have seen it. Totally worth the wait.

Divergent - forced to watch it thanks to the 22 year old girl having control over the Netflix. Made my eyes and ears bleed. One of the worst pieces of shit I've ever been forced to witness

Watch The Maze Runner. It's by far the worst of the angst driven rebellious teen dramas out there.

Somm- It's a documentary and highly recommended. Goes into what win freaks have to do to become a master Sommelier. Thought it was really interesting even though I'm not a big wine guy.

Watch The Maze Runner. It's by far the worst of the angst driven rebellious teen dramas out there.

Oooo tough call. I saw The Maze Runner in the theater (sigh) and Divergent on HBO, and I still have to say Divergent was worse.

Watched Whiplash this weekend. Really good, but I didn't care for how it ended. Also started to watch Mud but had to cut it way short to go out to dinner with the family and it wasn't coming on again that evening, of course. Looked promising!

Oooo tough call. I saw The Maze Runner in the theater (sigh) and Divergent on HBO, and I still have to say Divergent was worse.
I actually thought that The Maze Runner was decent and fun to watch. It didnt feel stretched thin like part 1 of a trilogy

It Follows was interesting and had an amazing score/soundtrack that pretty much carries it. Young director shows promise.

Another really random documentary but it's Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Fantastic documentary about a 3 star michelin chef in Japan who's 85(?) during the time of filming. The guy has a very tiny sushi place in a really random part of town and it shows his dedication to his craft. Truly incredible.

Another really random documentary but it's Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Fantastic documentary about a 3 star michelin chef in Japan who's 85(?) during the time of filming. The guy has a very tiny sushi place in a really random part of town and it shows his dedication to his craft. Truly incredible.

Great documentary

It Follows was interesting and had an amazing score/soundtrack that pretty much carries it. Young director shows promise.

I was wondering about this one. Alamo Drafthouse is pimping that one via e-mail, and as far as horror movies goes it looks decent.

Saw Timbuktu and '71 this week.

Both great movies. Highly recommend.

I saw The Book Thief last week - that was solid.

I keep meaning to watch Jiro. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

I got about halfway through Jiro last night before the drunkos from my wife's office happy hour showed up at the house. I'm digging it so far.

I got about halfway through Jiro last night before the drunkos from my wife's office happy hour showed up at the house. I'm digging it so far.

Good! I personally like the latter half of the movie the most. Get a little more personality outta Jiro

Back