• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Elizabeth Warren is awesome thread

meh, it's not the 1950s anymore

Unless we count what GWB did as military service, which technically it was but come one..., then the last 3 Presidents haven't had a military background, so hard to judge what a military man would do if in the WH today.

No disagreement. It would be broadly similar to how personal income taxes of citizens living abroad work out (except different rates and exemptions and applied to profits not income etc).

I just think it's weird how you know so many details about a corporate tax plan that Warren's never proposed. And that you hate all those details. Of a plan that doesn't exist.

I can just go based on her rhetoric and her rhetoric aligns with Bernie Sanders on this issue and she agrees with him on alot of stuff. If she comes out with a plan which is much more moderate in this regard than what I think she would, then I will reassess.

So people that agree on issues with a person are to be assumed to agree with that other person on all issues unless they state publicly that they do not share the exact same view on any one single issue. Fantastic.

I can just go based on her rhetoric and her rhetoric aligns with Bernie Sanders on this issue and she agrees with him on alot of stuff. If she comes out with a plan which is much more moderate in this regard than what I think she would, then I will reassess.

#assumptions >>>> #facts

What in there did you read that led you to believe she would not be an effective leader? Just trying to spur more conversation. I've gleaned enough from your postings to date to predict what your answer will be (spoiler: it'll likely be inane).

So lovely to converse with someone who expects my point of view to be inane. I am sure I will not disappoint you. The article made her out to be someone who is very combative. A president has to represent all of the people. She does not come across as someone that would reduce partisan politics. The combativeness and almost joy at political combat are not necessarily negative attributes generally, but likely would not make for a good president. Better attributes for an advocate of a cause. Inane enough for you?

Unless we count what GWB did as military service, which technically it was but come one..., then the last 3 Presidents haven't had a military background, so hard to judge what a military man would do if in the WH today.

Kerry had a very solid military background and got torn to shreds over it. Still can't believe that bullshit from the Patriots on the right.

Military experience is generally regarded as a plus because it usually means the candidate has experience making command decisions, being structured/organized, etc... There is also not a credibility problem if, as CiC, that person sends troops into harm's way. It's especially why people jizz over generals. If you're just some enlisted schmo, not so much. I have never drawn any sort of correlation to military experience and military spending.

So lovely to converse with someone who expects my point of view to be inane. I am sure I will not disappoint you. The article made her out to be someone who is very combative. A president has to represent all of the people. She does not come across as someone that would reduce partisan politics. The combativeness and almost joy at political combat are not necessarily negative attributes generally, but likely would not make for a good president. Better attributes for an advocate of a cause. Inane enough for you?

We're into year 6 of one of the least combative, most even-tempered, moderate-to-almost-center-right Democratic presidents ever. Where has it gotten him? Most people think he's a bad leader and a crappy president.

Awesome.

We're into year 6 of one of the least combative, most even-tempered, moderate-to-almost-center-right Democratic presidents ever. Where has it gotten him? Most people think he's a bad leader and a crappy president.

Maybe he was lacking some experience that might have benefited him on the job. ;)

Maybe because he isn't one of the least combative, even-tempered, moderate-to-almost-center-right Democratic presidents ever.

Good grief. I want some of what you're smoking.

Generally if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Sure but you seem to know exactly what the duck's bill looks like.

Obama is not exactly prone to compromise either. Bill Clinton reduced welfare. Reagan raised taxes. With our system of government, there has to be real compromise or there will be stalemate. That is why a pragmatist has a much better chance being a good president. The idea that Obama tried to work with the pubs on healthcare is not compromise. No republican wanted any part of that bill and neither did the majority of Americans. The way that bill got passed was going to make everything else hard going. To smooth that over, Obama would have had to take seriously something that the pubs were concerned about. I can't recall that ever happening. Also the Paul Ryan invitation and call out was the best example of how not to work with the other side.

Back