• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Elizabeth Warren is awesome thread

It's not exactly compromising, but let's not forget exactly how business friendly Obama has been.

JOBS Act made it easier for i- bankers and startups to sell shares of stock to a gullible public without making the usual SEC disclosures, much less following the anti-fraud requirements of the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act.

In the 12 budget talks, Obama was willing to concede cuts to SS and Medicare but Boehner wouldn't budge a percentage point on taxes.

It's impossible to compromise when you try and roll back tax cuts and the Tea Party calls it class warfare.

Isn't this the time a deal was made until Obama changed what he wanted? Am I thinking of a different time?

FIFY

jackbooted thugs have hijacked your party and moved it so far to the right it's borderline impossible to get things done with them
\

Not my party. I would vote for Rand Paul, but no other republican will get my vote. I will vote Libertarian unless the unlikely happens and the republicans nominate Paul. I think he would be an interesting candidate as he could pull in some young voters that are against government intrusion and endless wars, but I am not sure he will be strong enough for the base.

Libs are the same way, moving to the left. There is not much middle ground. The only Dem I would consider voting for is Joe Manchin and he is not running and probably would have no chance since he is way too reasonable.

It's not exactly compromising, but let's not forget exactly how business friendly Obama has been.

JOBS Act made it easier for i- bankers and startups to sell shares of stock to a gullible public without making the usual SEC disclosures, much less following the anti-fraud requirements of the 2002 Sarbanes-Oxley Act.

In the 12 budget talks, Obama was willing to concede cuts to SS and Medicare but Boehner wouldn't budge a percentage point on taxes.

It's impossible to compromise when you try and roll back tax cuts and the Tea Party calls it class warfare.

I know when I look back on the Obama administration, I will always remember it for how beneficial it was for business owners, especially small businesses.

There have been precious few times in this nation's history when exactly the right candidate came along at exactly the right time, whereby the nation could benefit from a truly great presidency. We had one of those rare opportunities ten years ago.....and we blew it.

howard-dean-yeah-o.gif

There have been precious few times in this nation's history when exactly the right candidate came along at exactly the right time, whereby the nation could benefit from a truly great presidency. We had one of those rare opportunities ten years ago.....and we blew it.

howard-dean-scream-o.gif

I know when I look back on the Obama administration, I will always remember it for how beneficial it was for business owners...

fredgraph.png

On the one hand, record profit share of GDP. Capital has never crushed Labor so badly in recorded history. On the other hand, Obama referred to Wall St as "fat cat bankers" and said business owners didn't build roads.

Based on Congress' recent behavior I feel like a preschool teacher at one of the high tuition private schools would be the best experienced candidate for POTUS.

My ideal candidate would have some connection to military (served or family member who did); private sector experience; current/former governor.

fredgraph.png

On the one hand, record profit share of GDP. Capital has never crushed Labor so badly in recorded history. On the other hand, Obama referred to Wall St as "fat cat bankers" and said business owners didn't build roads.

The funny money created out of thin air by the Federal Reserve goes straight into the pockets of "the fat cat bankers". It does not pass go. Momma six baby doesn't get very much of it at all.

Based on Congress' recent behavior I feel like a preschool teacher at one of the high tuition private schools would be the best experienced candidate for POTUS.

My ideal candidate would have some connection to military (served or family member who did); private sector experience; current/former governor.

I agree that military experience is a good thing but I balk at it being considered some kind of prerequisite. My reasoning primarily being that WWII and Vietnam resulted in a ton of people serving-- more than 50% of American males over 60 are veterans-- while in the younger demographics this percentage plummets to the low teens. The takeaway being that the OWG's perspective is understandable given many of them and their peers served, but today this would just strike me as unnecessarily limiting the pool of "qualified" people.

That's why I said I'd like them to have some connection like a family member serving.

I'd prefer before they decide to send somebody's son or daughter off to war that they know what it's like to have somebody over there and remember the emotions of saying goodbye at the bus not knowing if you would ever see them again.

That's why I said I'd like them to have some connection like a family member serving.

I'd prefer before they decide to send somebody's son or daughter off to war that they know what it's like to have somebody over there and remember the emotions of saying goodbye at the bus not knowing if you would ever see them again.

+1000. Saying goodbye to my wife and children was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life.

And, evidently, still lacking in the capacity for analytical intellectual thought....a full ten years after the fact....since you still do not seem to understand how easily a powerful media duped you and manipulated your thought process in one of the most important elections in this nation's history. One might understand how the uneducated masses were so easily taken in, but it is disappointing that people educated at one of the nation's finest universities like you & Childress still do not understand how you were played.

The 2004 election was a disaster, not a joke. This nation stood at a crossroads in history and took a disastrous wrong turn. As a result of that election, the ensuing years saw this nation suffer thousands of additional casualties & the waste of trillions of additional tax dollars in a war in Iraq that should never have taken place. It saw the passage of tax laws that accelerated what was already a dangerous trend of income & wealth inequality in the country. It saw the passage of the poorly named "Patriot Act" that began to dismantle our citizen's civil liberties. And, finally, it saw a corrupt financial industry completely unbridled so that its greed eventually put the entire U.S. economy on the brink of total collapse by October, 2008.

And even with the benefit of ten years of hindsight during which you have been able to witness the carnage resulting from that election, you still think that it's cute to put up that silly reminder to show everyone how easily your thought process could be controlled....and in so doing indicate that you still don't understand how you were duped? Sad, indeed.

That's a whole lot of words to not at all support that Howard Dean was just the right candidate at just the right time.

If you want to claim that it was a mistake to re-elect Bush you won't get much argument from me.

If you want to claim that Kerry wasn't the best candidate the democrats could have put forward, again I won't disagree.

But if you want to convince people that Howard Dean was one of our rare opportunities for a truly great president, you're going to have to offer more than Bush Sucked.

Or maybe we could just elect someone who's not inclined to send anyone off to war.

If the choice is between a neocon who didn't serve and one who did then your reasoning makes a lot of sense. The person who served will at least have a better appreciation for what it means to send someone off to war.

Not sure if I believe that those who served (at least since we went to a volunteer army) are any less likely to send kids off to war than the average american.

Or maybe we could just elect someone who's not inclined to send anyone off to war.

If the choice is between a neocon who didn't serve and one who did then your reasoning makes a lot of sense. The person who served will at least have a better appreciation for what it means to send someone off to war.

Not sure if I believe that those who served (at least since we went to a volunteer army) are any less likely to send kids off to war than the average american

Alrighty then.

The discussions on this board have become absurd.
No kidding. People are arguing over racist comments while praising a women...who posed fraudulently as a minority. Quite surreal. That's going to be a big problem in the minority community...probably why she has low poll numbers there. I'm sure the MSM will figure a way to excuse it away though.

I bet <5% of the population knows anything about her American Indian claims. Highly doubt that has anything to do with her poll numbers anywhere.

No kidding. People are arguing over racist comments while praising a women...who posed fraudulently as a minority. Quite surreal. That's going to be a big problem in the minority community...probably why she has low poll numbers there. I'm sure the MSM will figure a way to excuse it away though.

Well, the blackest white guy on the board would certainly know about what the minority community thinks...

I bet <5% of the population knows anything about her American Indian claims. Highly doubt that has anything to do with her poll numbers anywhere.
That actually got around the minority community more than you think. I had friends making fun of her. It'll definitely be an issue in any national election and will cause problems either way it's played....for her or for defining "minority"

Well, the blackest white guy on the board would certainly know about what the minority community thinks...
LOL.....based on her claims/standards, I'm American Indian too. Can't we just all get along?

Back