• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Perfect Albums

townie, you really must dislike metal

i just don't pretend to know it very well

i've listened to the classics a lot, but i think i have too much emo and not enough hate in my heart to make it work on a regular basis

i appreciate the music but usually can't dig the vocals or lyrics, which i do place value on

i just don't pretend to know it very well

i've listened to the classics a lot, but i think i have too much emo and not enough hate in my heart to make it work on a regular basis

i appreciate the music but usually can't dig the vocals or lyrics, which i do place value on

Hate is an emotion.

Track by track, 3 is better than 4. Unpopular opinions thread probably, but Gallows Pole > Tangerine is unbeatable.

3 and 4 are pretty close. I think 4 has slightly stronger tracks top to bottom.

When the Levee Breaks and Since I've Been Loving You are my two favorite Zeppelin tunes.

I would go

American Beauty
Fragile
Revolver
Animals

Off the top of my head.

too bad revolver has yellow submarine on it

fuck that song

For me, it's nearly impossible for a double-LP to meet the OP's criteria. With that much material, there's bound to be a relatively weak track like Joy Inside My Tears on Songs In The Key Of Life or Revolution Rock on London Calling.

American Beauty is good, but I just can't get into Box of Rain. The opening track kills it for me.

Good call on Siamese Dream, I'd add that to my list.

And Townie listing 7 albums in his "5 best of the 00s" ...

il_570xN.256357125.jpg

Lots already mentioned already. I'll add a few

Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold As Love
Cheap Trick - Cheap Trick
Van Halen - Van Halen I
The Cars - The Cars
Big Country - The Crossing
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire (Joshua Tree was already on somebody else's list)
REM - Life's Rich Pageant
Guns N Roses - Appetite For Destruction
The Church - Starfish
Swervedriver - Mezcal Head
The Jim Yoshii Pile-Up - Homemade Drugs
Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time
Vaadat Charigim - The World Is Well Lost

Box of Rain is one of my favorite songs ever. It was written for Phil as an ode to his father who was dying of cancer and really delves deeply into the mysteries of life and death.

Last edited:
gonna go all el chupe here but i had a totally transcendent experience with box of rain back early in college

all good music festival which is on a mountain top in west virginia

the weekend had already been otherworldly, slugging shine in the woods with the avett bros, sitting around a fire with guitars and good grass, just an outstanding weekend in the prime of my life

anyway so phil and friends were closing the festival down and right as their set was finishing the sky went completely black and the heavens just opened up with an insane downpour and they busted out box of rain with a superjam of some of the festival's big names, del mccoury, scofield and MMW, warren, it was outstanding

I will say that I don't listen to lyrics all that much, so I have no idea what any songs are about

All I know is that musically speaking, that is one GD song that just doesn't click with me. The rest of the album is fantastic

The dead were such a unique band. They played the hell out of Box of Rain in 72 and 73, shelved it until 86 and then played it regularly through the rest of the existence of the band.

Back