• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

If I was Mit I would have immediately traded him my seat for an on-the-spot retirement.

Fuck Karl Hess. Add this shit in line with kicking out Corch and Googs at the NCSU game. The guy is a joke and should never ref another game in the ACC.

Sorry, but that was funny. It was the Hessian Black Swan.

Does anyone think Wellman and/or Hatch will go to bat for Mit & request an apology from Hess and an explanation from Swofford as to why Karl Hess is still allowed to ref ACC games? #FireKarlHess

Does anyone think Wellman and/or Hatch will go to bat for Mit & request an apology from Hess and an explanation from Swofford as to why Karl Hess is still allowed to ref ACC games? #FireKarlHess

Giving Wellman the benefit of the doubt here(which he probably doesn't deserve), he is either going to piss off Hess, which is more likely to screw us in the future or piss off a donor. Hess is still going to ref ACC and Wake games. Probably Wellman will have some sort of conversation with Swofford/ref assigner, so he can say he did something, but not make Hess look bad.

Swofford and Wellman were sitting a few seats away last night, I wish this were tweeted out during the game so we could have had added it to the "Karl Hess is horrible" arsenal.

Sorry, but that was funny. It was the Hessian Black Swan.

Not really. Then, his first game back at PNC was two years later this season and he gives Gott a phantom T and we lose by 1. Fuck that guy

If I was as rich as Mit (and I'm not saying I'm not), I would have just laughed.

He did laugh. And his buddies laughed. And Hess laughed. It was prior to a free throw coming out of a timeout. They were all joking with one another. This story is very weird to me.

It's not weird at all, it's very typical of Hess' continued buffoonery on the court. Guy is a joke

He did laugh. And his buddies laughed. And Hess laughed. It was prior to a free throw coming out of a timeout. They were all joking with one another. This story is very weird to me.

So they all laughed about it and then afterwards Mit doesn't think it's so funny. What's so hard to realize about that? Maybe he laughed because he was with his friends and didn't want to look like an ass. Maybe he laughed because it was awkward. Maybe he thought it was hysterical and his post on twitter was more of a "wtf this was funny" type post. Given the source it isn't surprising to see you jump to the defense of the zebras but I don't know how someone can feasibly believe this story is "weird" to you given the quotes we all acknowledge occurred.

There's another side to this story. Unless you've sat in that vicinity and heard the stuff thrown at Hess, I think you should reserve judgment. Frankly, I think Mit posted it because he thought it was funny. Through the years that front row have baited and enjoyed banter with Hess, Jones, Kersey, etc. This story is going to be taken out of context fast. I want to hear from Mit that he actually was bothered (rather than enjoyed it) & King Karl's version before making judgment. For all we know Mit well could have said 'my Egyptian ass can outreff you'. I've heard much worse from that area.

Back