• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Karl Hess

At least Hess didn't answer his cell phone in the middle of calling a game like the guy below!

pojyregoie8qwknnqpc1.jpg

Wait, someone said Karl made a tweet. What was it? Sorry, was too busy working and missed it. I didn't inherit anything so, unlike Mit, I can't just sit around and send out tweets and then not answer questions about it.

Sorry Mit. But come on, when you throw a guy's career in peril, at least be man enough to answer questions about it. #BushLeague

don't know mit but he made a tweet. stuck by it but declined to comment to a reporter. sounds like he did not want to feed the fire... or maybe he spoke to the appropriate authorities.

either way... hide your keys because karl is officially unofficially being punished...

I only heard about it. Point being different accounts. Chris is a friend of mind and I trust him. Whatever he says is fine by me. But even he concedes there was a lot of stuff coming from around him that was kickout worthy.

See how I answer questions? Mit?

no, point being you spoke like you actually had some knowledge without actually having any

I remember when HGIHW announced he was quitting the boards ten years ago.

there are two sides to every story and and the truth is always in the middle

Some guy thinks I go to 10-12 games a year. That's funny. I've been to 12 in the last 20 days. In 5 states. I go to 10-12 games a year for the sole purpose of watching Karl Hess work the game. It's a thing of beauty.
FIFY

I only heard about it. Point being different accounts. Chris is a friend of mind and I trust him. Whatever he says is fine by me. But even he concedes there was a lot of stuff coming from around him that was kickout worthy.

See how I answer questions? Mit?

Really? That's all you got?

You heard about what? I want to know what you consider "kick-out worthy".

I'm friends with Hess, so I believe him when in the same ESPN story about Mit-gate he is said to have "told ACC officials that the former players weren't ejected for anything they said" but for excessive demonstration on several calls.

"Excessive demonstration"? What the hell is that?

I am seriously looking for guidance here. Where are some guidelines that describe what sort of actions or words can get you tossed? If I buy a ticket, someone is going to have to give me a darn good explanation as to why I am being kicked out - else I am staying put. I always wondered what excuse they used to kick out the Presbyterian fan when Roy pointed at him. If that had been me there would have been a scene for sure.

"Excessive demonstration"? What the hell is that?

I am seriously looking for guidance here. Where are some guidelines that describe what sort of actions or words can get you tossed? If I buy a ticket, someone is going to have to give me a darn good explanation as to why I am being kicked out - else I am staying put. I always wondered what excuse they used to kick out the Presbyterian fan when Roy pointed at him. If that had been me there would have been a scene for sure.

Well really they can toss you for any reason, a ticket is a revocable license to be on the property.

Well really they can toss you for any reason, a ticket is a revocable license to be on the property.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were true - in a technical sense. It probably says that in the fine print on the back of the ticket or something. But it seems ridiculouse from a practical standpoint. People say and do wild and crazy things while cheering for their team - sometimes pretty offensive stuff. That is normal and expected - which is why it is rare and ridiculous when an official over-reacts and tosses someone.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were true - in a technical sense. It probably says that in the fine print on the back of the ticket or something. But it seems ridiculouse from a practical standpoint. People say and do wild and crazy things while cheering for their team - sometimes pretty offensive stuff. That is normal and expected - which is why it is rare and ridiculous when an official over-reacts and tosses someone.

Like Corchiani and Googs? Karl Hess should have never been allowed to ref another ACC game after that incident.

Sorry, I just disagree with a lot of these comments. Hess, like Kersey, calmly makes calls and moves on. Unlike Valentine and Paparo and Mike Wood, he doesn't flail his arms around and pick fights with Coaches. Even Sunday, when Manning wanted to argue about who the call was on, Hess just walked away.

We're all entitled to our opinion I guess but I ask you this: do you watch Karl Hess ref 10-12 games a year in person? Do you even attend 10-12 college games a year? If not, I'm not really sure your opinion is all that educated. Sorry.

What do you think the reaction and punishment would have been if a Louisville player said that instead of a ref?

Also LMAO that DR thinks he's special because he watches 10-12 games a year.

Some guy thinks I go to 10-12 games a year. That's funny. I've been to 12 in the last 20 days. In 5 states.

Get the fuck over yourself. Jesus.

What a self-congratulating twat.

Dude brought it up. But I acknowlege I'm a proud, cocky bastard. Self-made at that.

Who brought it up?

Oh, and not a single person is "self-made" in America. Society helped you get to where you are no matter who the fuck you are. So again, get the fuck over yourself.

Who brought it up?

Oh, and not a single person is "self-made" in America. Society helped you get to where you are no matter who the fuck you are. So again, get the fuck over yourself.

If it's so easy then why have you failed? Since society makes it so easy and you have a degree from an elite school then why are you poor, bitter and married to a hog?

Now that Judge Mike Wood is out of the ACC, Karl Hess is the worst official in the conference and by many first hand accounts an even worse person. #FireHess

I completely agree that people need to use judgment etc. and Hess's actions were over the top and ridiculous, I was just pointing out protesting and refusing to leave with do nothing to help.

Back