Page 249 of 253 FirstFirst ... 149199239244245246247248249250251252253 LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,980 of 5052

Thread: Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Embracing Trumpism/White Supremacy

As opposed to ďIíll give you this new aid if you do me a favorĒ which is bribery.

I think the extortion part makes it way worse.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    I looked at three legal sites and it seems that the key difference between bribery and extortion is that extortion is between individuals/business and bribery is needs to include government.

In the public eye. I think people identify bribery as really bad and it's in the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by 06deacon View Post
    The problem is not that there was a quid pro quo. The problem is that the president withheld aid which makes an ally and therefore this country less safe IN EXCHANGE for something that benefits only him
    Unless you see the libs as a mortal enemy to the American way of life, then the president was just doing what is necessary to protect Ďmurica.
    Birds are real.

The lengths to which RJ goes to prove that he isnít wrong on even the most minute of details never ceases to amaze
    Birds arenít real

Quote Originally Posted by AsesinoDeTortugas View Post
    The lengths to which RJ goes to prove that he isnít wrong on even the most minute of details never ceases to amaze
    Three uncited legal websites, who are we to argue.

https://criminal.laws.com/bribery/br...20in%20bribery.

https://www.blairdefense.com/differe...ery-extortion/

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/bl...ferences-48142

A hint for ADT- when you stop being a douchebag and actually participate in a constructive or reasonable manner, you might get a response from. Until then, this is the closest thing to response you'll ever get from me.
    Last edited by RJKarl; 11-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.

Expanding Mod Powers
    It's extortion. WTF. RJ dumber than usual on multiple threads this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    https://criminal.laws.com/bribery/br...20in%20bribery.

https://www.blairdefense.com/differe...ery-extortion/

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/bl...ferences-48142

A hint for ADT- when you stop being a douchebag and actually participate in a constructive or reasonable manner, you might get a response from. Until then, this is the closest thing to response you'll ever get from me.
    You continue to say this.

1) Donít make promises you canít keep
    2) You act like this is a punishment lol
    Birds arenít real

3) Those citations prove my point better than yours
    Birds arenít real

Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Unless you see the libs as a mortal enemy to the American way of life, then the president was just doing what is necessary to protect Ďmurica.
    Yay Republicans and the conspiracy feedback loop they've created!

It is rather amazing that for generations it was the GOP that accused Democrats and liberals of conspiring with foreign governments to undermine the United States. The Second Red Scare, post-WW2 spy cases like the Hiss Case and Rosenbergs, McCarthyism, and so on. If any Democratic POTUS did what Trump has been doing in the Ukraine and elsewhere, Republicans would be apoplectic. Trump openly asks China in a press conference for aid in undermining his American political opponents - effectively asking them to interfere in domestic US politics - and his admirers just shrug and say he was "joking." Numerous witnesses come forward to discuss what they saw and heard in the Ukrainian case, and the GOP just shrugs and offers a variety of excuses on TV talk shows. What Trump is doing is basically using mob boss tactics you'd see in the mafia, rather than a legitimate government exercise. It's precisely how Putin and other authoritarian thugs operate in world affairs. And no one in the GOP gives a damn. But, you know, Obama wore a tan suit once, and didn't wear an American flag lapel!
    Last edited by Highland Deac; 11-11-2019 at 06:50 PM.

It's the feedback loop between conservative media and the President. Conservative media primed the pump by saying Democrats and anyone who is not a white evangelical hates America and wants to destroy the Republican way of life.

Trump pushed that further by defining Republicans as those who unquestionably support him.

Trump's lifelong racism is showing again in his tweet:

"Many of the people in DACA, no longer very young, are far from ďangels.Ē Some are very tough, hardened criminals. President Obama said he had no legal right to sign order, but would anyway. If Supreme Court remedies with overturn, a deal will be made with Dems for them to stay!"

The problem is you can't be covered by DACA if you have a criminal record.

Why any person of color (or white person with a conscience) would consider voting for Trump is beyond me.

Expanding Mod Powers
    Nice job posting that "tweet."

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    These comments arenít for the rubes. They are for Trump. You know heís watching.