• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing US GOP Debacle Thread: Seditious Republicans march toward authoritarianism

Right, Newt. The truth is that you and a lot of right-wing talking heads and pols like you did a brilliant job of convincing many conservatives that any news source not named Fox wasn't to be trusted, which means that many conservatives simply didn't believe that this was a serious threat (and a good many probably still don't.) Believing in alternative facts ultimately has a price tag when the crap hits the fan. He's been in Italy recently and has seen the disaster there firsthand, and so his most recent articles for Fox have been unusually sober and realistic (he's calling for much greater government activism to deal with this threat), but I've never had any doubt that once the danger has passed that he'll return to his usual schtick. The guy has been slime his entire career.

Last edited:
Mitch McConnell whines that his Democratic opponent Amy McGrath should stop showing her ads and commercials in Kentucky for the duration of the coronavirus outbreak. Apparently McConnell is concerned about all those Kentuckians seeing her ads while they're stuck at home, and that they may move some voters. I hope that she actually increases her ads during this time. Suck it, Mitch.

Link: https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article241231726.html

Mitch McConnell whines that his Democratic opponent Amy McGrath should stop showing her ads and commercials in Kentucky for the duration of the coronavirus outbreak. Apparently McConnell is concerned about all those Kentuckians seeing her ads while they're stuck at home, and that they may move some voters. I hope that she actually increases her ads during this time. Suck it, Mitch.

Let's make this happen Bloomberg.

I hope Bloomberg swamps KY with ads.

I love reading these Republican self-awareness articles. I just think they come from a very small group of people and won’t make a difference to the vast majority of Republicans. I do hope the “both sides” Independents and people on the left get it.

Did you know that Trump was a piece of shit? He is, he's a piece of shit.

Things like this separate Pubs into the ones in on the con like Burr from the rubes who believe what they hear from con men and conservative media.

I’d love to see what the Trump’s and Kushner’s were doing with their investments in February.

Back