• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is Wellman?

Not sure about Ron... but I see that Memphis has given Bz social media privileges

gdPbGP3.png

pPVekg7.png

9RLsoYl.png

Ty4sGKK.png

YyvmytO.png

VGVtdya.png

Gt7fIru.png

PqGqu1G.png

xY3yjAy.png

Just rage inducing. He rebuilt one program to a NIT appearance. That's the extent of his program building credentials.

The tweets reek of someone looking solely at Kenpom trajectory (which, btw, was not that good anyway*) and not paying any attention to the "details" (player development, recruiting, PR, offensive / defensive execution) that show the true ceiling of the program.

Danny is not as experienced, but he is already far excelling [name redacted] across those dimensions. And, unlike [name redacted], he has room to grow as a coach.

Want an example of a good Kenpom trajectory...Utah went from #297 in Krystkowiak's first year to currently #6 in Krystkowiak's fourth year. A wee bit better than [name redacted]'s #271 to #118.

The only ACC team Bz beat in his first year is #2 in the nation now. That's trajectory.

So this moron's schtick is intentionally being a dickhead for the purpose of self-promotion? When one of your claims to famous prognostication is "I knew those damn WF fans would call Bzdel!k a moron" you're on to something but it's not "what a genius I am- the Deacs improved each year Bzdel!k was there."

I will, however, be impressed if he can post a pic of just how far up his ass he's placed his head.

The only ACC team Bz beat in his first year is #2 in the nation now. That's trajectory.

Indeed but last season Jeff [Redacted] did beat North Carolina, NC State and Duke at the LJVM Coliseum. Have to give the man some props on his last season here as much as I could not stand the hire and saw no reason why Ronnie hired his buddy in the first place. We have to hope that Ronnie has made it right with both the football and basketball hires and stays out of the way until his own eventual retirement sooner rather than later.

Nothing about anything Bzdel!k did merits "props for last season," including beating those 4. If there were improvements in any other area, perhaps. But last year was nothing more than blind pig finding 4 acorns.

Hey at least Wellman fired him. I'll give him credit for that.

Oh wait he didn't get fired so I'll take my credit back.

I shudder to think how close we were to having year 5 of the Jeff [Redacted] rebuilding project.

Indeed but last season Jeff [Redacted] did beat North Carolina, NC State and Duke at the LJVM Coliseum. Have to give the man some props on his last season here as much as I could not stand the hire and saw no reason why Ronnie hired his buddy in the first place. We have to hope that Ronnie has made it right with both the football and basketball hires and stays out of the way until his own eventual retirement sooner rather than later.

The real Bones McKinney would have punched Wellman for hiring [Redacted]. And he would have been right. You should be ashamed.

dammit i came back to this thread hoping gooby would have yelled at wellman and came here to post about the convo

Back