• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UNCheat @ WAKE - 7pm Tip - Discussion / Game Thread #GoDeacs

I got a buddy in the AD that just texted me "errbody got the flu." Not sure who, or to what extent, but he says a few guys are feeling it. I guess that explains some if the fatigue, though not the decision making.

Too bad. I believe it though. We've looked like we're in a fog.

I got a buddy in the AD that just texted me "errbody got the flu." Not sure who, or to what extent, but he says a few guys are feeling it. I guess that explains some if the fatigue, though not the decision making.

Sent out earlier today...

The following message is sent on behalf of the Wake Forest Student Health Service:

The Student Health Service has begun to see large numbers of students (especially undergraduates) with influenza, “the flu”. Typical symptoms include sudden onset of fever, body aches, headaches, sore throat, cough, and fatigue. Influenza is typically a self limiting illness that last from 5-7 days. Influenza is a highly contagious illness that is easily spread in a classroom setting.

The purpose of this e-mail is to inform faculty, staff and students of this outbreak and to encourage appropriate public health measures with respect to class attendance and participation in other mandated activities.

The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends that anyone with symptoms of influenza stay home from work and/or school until the fever associated with the illness has been resolved for at least 24 hours. These individuals should stay home from work, school, travel, shopping, social events, and public gatherings.

To reduce the spread of this illness, students should not be expected to attend class, labs, or other academic gatherings with these symptoms. Because of high demand for clinical services, students should not be required to obtain documentation of this illness from the Student Health Service; faculty are encouraged to accept the verbal report from the student. We also encourage students to avoid contact in other settings including social gatherings, the library and eating in public dining venues.

Additional general information about the flu can be found at:

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/keyfacts.htm

Students: Please read additional information about how to manage this illness, obtain meal passes and avoid catching the flu in our “FAQs for Students.”

Wake Forest Communications and External Relations

Honestly, that's the only reasonable explanation for the lack of effort tonight. After the way we played against Louisville, Duke, and Cuse, I don't really question Manning's ability to motivate or draw effort from this team, especially against UNC. I don't think it's a catch-all excuse, because the decision making has still been questionable, and I doubt all of our players are sick at once, but it at least explains some of this.

You never know, dude. I can tell you, from personal experience, sickness can roll through an entire team in a week.

Pepsi's swimming sperms are about the only reason to watch at this point

Bob Wischusen, I really hate that the Tar Heel network tore up your resume and tape. You need to cool it with the knob slobbing for
UNC*

The thing is, I have a great deal of confidence in Manning, and I feel like he will REAM THE FUCKING SHIT out of our team tomorrow in practice.

So many dumb unforced turnovers. Dino's and Devin sure look flu-stricken.

At least in recent losing efforts a lot of the turns were the result of aggressive, attacking basketball.

Flu schmu. I don't see anybody shitting their pants out there. Nice feed to Devin

Yeah, sorry, not buying the flu excuse from the AD.

Yeah, sorry, not buying the flu excuse from the AD.

HAHA, from the AD!? It's not some propaganda program -- it is a supposed text from a supposed employee to a poster on a message. Not saying RSF is wrong, by any means, but it's not like the AD is necessarily using that excuse. Let's see what Danny says in the post game.

We looked tired and miserable from the start. Not sure why.

Wake quit driving the ball in the second half, so there was no requirement to call fouls. Drive the ball, either score or make the refs call something when a layup doesn't go down and there is contact.

A day late and a dollar short all second half. Face it, Carolina was too tall, too long, too quick and shot way too well for us to win. We need to be physically tougher and much more aggressive to have a chance against this Carolina team. It also would not hurt to shoot a little better.

Back