• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

We're two eps into White Lotus and not feeling it. Continue or bail?

Depends. Wife and I mostly enjoyed it. Did not like the ending. If you are not finding something by now in the performance, quirky characters, interest in the mystery then you probably won't feel like you are missing much by not finishing it.

anyone else watching Only Murders in the Building on HULU? it is quite good

I think our problem is we don't find any of the characters likable. It is just terrible rich people being awful. Some series take a while to get started and/or get much better toward the end. I guess I'm asking if that is the case here. If the first two eps are WYSIWYG, then we'll bail and ask/read for a spoiler.

Depends. Wife and I mostly enjoyed it. Did not like the ending. If you are not finding something by now in the performance, quirky characters, interest in the mystery then you probably won't feel like you are missing much by not finishing it.

We really liked it, but agree about the ending.

anyone else watching Only Murders in the Building on HULU? it is quite good

Yup.

I've enjoyed it, but I like pretty much anything Steve Martin does.

Took a couple of episodes for my wife to warm up to it, but we're caught up for next week's finale.

we've enjoyed the first half of the episodes. we're behind at the moment.

I like White Lotus enough but it's not essential TV or anything

don't think you'll change your view if you don't like the first two eps

I think our problem is we don't find any of the characters likable. It is just terrible rich people being awful. Some series take a while to get started and/or get much better toward the end. I guess I'm asking if that is the case here. If the first two eps are WYSIWYG, then we'll bail and ask/read for a spoiler.

Thanks to all for your replies. Sounds like we need to bail on this one. Can someone PM me a spoiler?

I was thinking of starting Alice in Borderland. Just hadn't heard that much about it. I may give it a try, loved squid game

I did little to no reading up on what Midnight Mass is, I just know it has Rahul Kohli in it and I could see good buzz without reading more in-depth. So I jumped in and, 4 episodes later, am still not sure exactly what it is, like what category you put it in, but I dig it and I arguably am enjoying it more this way, it enhances the mystery.

Just started Midnight Mass last night after wife said no to Squid Game after 1 episode. MM has me pretty shook after 2 episodes. Reminds me of an more-adult, more-religious, Stranger Things/Shutter Island combo.

There is no fucking way The Wife will watch Midnight Mass. She hates scary stuff. But she does want to watch Squid Game for some reason.

I'm almost through Squid Game. One more episode. I think it's ok. Episode 6, as somebody already said, really sticks out. But mostly it's just campy and kind of dumb fun. Gotta love it when Koreans write dialogue for American caricatures too. That works about as well as subtitles or dubbing Korean films into English. The cultures are so different in how they act and what they say in certain situations that it often doesn't translate well. Still, I love me some Korean cinema.

Back