• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Has Severance been discussed here? Slow pace in the first few eps, but really picked up. Very clever and the characters are outstanding...

I've seen a lot of hype for RRR lately so I checked it out and what a bad-ass flick. It's a Tollywood movie and lasts 3 hours but the time flew by. Yes there's song and dance numbers that may be jarring to a US audience but the action is insane. How insane? I'm going to compare it to Mad Max: Fury Road. Yeah I went there.

Not on Netflix but i binged watch the first 3 seasons of Yellowstone over the last 2 weeks. Really good. Can't say i ever liked anything Costner has been in except this.

Not on Netflix but i binged watch the first 3 seasons of Yellowstone over the last 2 weeks. Really good. Can't say i ever liked anything Costner has been in except this.

That’s a pretty bold statement. Bull Durham, Wyatt Earp, Bodyguard, For Love of the Game, Open Range, Field of Dreams, Dances with Wolves … there are so many hits.

That’s not even counting Draft Day.

That’s a pretty bold statement. Bull Durham, Wyatt Earp, Bodyguard, For Love of the Game, Open Range, Field of Dreams, Dances with Wolves … there are so many hits.

That’s not even counting Draft Day.

Tin Cup, JFK, The Untouchables.

I bailed on Yellowstone when Beth became so over-the-top mean and bitchy. It was just distracting and cartoonish.

OK I'll give you Untouchables but I guess I'm not a fan of him for some reason. You forgot Waterworld :)

It's because he's a shitty actor. He has been in good movies, but the movies have been bogged down by his performances. Prior to Yellowstone, which is the perfect role for him at his current stage in life, about the only performance he gave that wasn't cringeworthy was in Perfect World.

I bailed on Yellowstone when Beth became so over-the-top mean and bitchy. It was just distracting and cartoonish.

She has been over the top since the first episode. They softened her a bit a few seasons into it as she got all lovey-dovey. Yellowstone perhaps jumped the shark with the season finale with the coordinated attacks and everybody getting blow up or shot. I mean, that was ridiculous. Some serious Dynasty circa 1985 shit.

think I saw they're making Yellowstone prequel with Harrison Ford

True. I thought 1883 was pretty good as a standalone series, and representative of the kind of journey that would've been back then (though they may have missed the mark by about 10 years, since the Comanche attacks were mostly done by 1875).

Back