• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

So it begs the question (probably not for this thread), how has humanity taken the process of preparing food and eating it into such a pain in the ass? Every other species of animal and plants do it and few make it so difficult for so many.

I suspect it's a pain in the ass for the antelope being run down by the cheetah.

Americans is really well done and extremely consistent. I don't disagree that FNL had hills and valleys. And the writer's strike did ruin s2. You could skip to s4 and 5 with a number of new cast members (Michael B Jordan among others) and see what you think.

I'm in the minority, but I could not get into the Americans at all

I swear every once in a while something just gets a free pass where nobody will ever say a bad thing about it. The Americans was so boring. There was an entire season where literally nothing happened.

I really wanted to love The Americans because I thought the acting was superb and the cinematography was my speed. But it was just boring.

the we have to go back lost episode was good. i would stop after that episode

enjoyed FNL and the americans, but not crazy about them. s1 of FNL was really good iirc, s2 of FNL is historically bad, mainly because of an incredibly dumb plot point, but it mostly recovered.

no desire to rewatch one second of any of these shows

The Americans and For All Mankind are two shows I want to like but just couldn't get in to.

The Bear, however, had been great. The penultimate episode was frustrating but excited to see the finale.

The Americans and For All Mankind are two shows I want to like but just couldn't get in to.

The Bear, however, had been great. The penultimate episode was frustrating but excited to see the finale.

I watched the first three episodes last night and am hooked.

For All Mankind is awesome...love that show. But as mentioned earlier, I though Severance was the most boring show I've ever seen so I guess everyone's tastes are different and thats like, ok man.

That is fair. I loved Severance, genuinely looked forward to a new episode each week.

I don't understand when someone doesn't have the same tastes as me but it's probably ok.

How many eps of for all mankind did you watch? Ep 3 is like a second pilot and it really picks up after that.

Lost - a lot of good stuff in it but temper your expectations for the ending

FNL - loved throughout with the one exception of a famously dumb S2 plot line

The Americans - bailed after maybe 2.5 seasons - really didn’t feel like it was going anywhere

For All Mankind - currently really digging it - takes a few episodes to get going but latter half S1 and all of S2 is great - S3 has started strong also

I’ve read a lot about Severance being excellent so I gave it a shot. I’m five episodes in and that show is boring as shit. I’m bailing on it . Am I wrong?

I think so. It really picks up steam in the second half of the season and the final episode had me checking for when Season 2 is coming out.

I think Lost's ending is better on rewatch. There were so many fan theories and what not that set high expectations that only built from week to week. I rewatched it during Covid and really didn't have a problem with the ending. Did they wrap everything up? No, but you also don't care as much when you're not dissecting every little thing on a message board from week to week. It doesn't hit the peaks of seasons 1 - 3, but it certainly wasn't the valley I remembered it being. It's still probably a top 5 all time show for me.

I'm still expecting the Game of Thrones ending to suck 40 years from now even though I've heard similar re-watch reports.

Last edited:
I think Lost's ending is better on rewatch. There were so many fan theories and what not that set high expectations that only built from week to week. I rewatched it during Covid and really didn't have a problem with the ending. Did they wrap everything up? No, but you also don't care as much when you're not dissecting every little thing on a message board from week to week. It doesn't hit the peaks of seasons 1 - 3, but it certainly wasn't the valley I remembered it being. It's still probably a top 5 all time show for me.

I'm still expecting the Game of Thrones ending to suck 40 years from now even though I've heard similar re-watch reports.

Thanks. That's what I was getting at above.

Maybe there's more payoff without having to wait week to week. Much of the discontent is from the last season payoff not living up to years of buildup. I'd have a tough time gearing up to watch 121 episodes though.

Binging vs. week-to-week is such a different experience. I'm binging The Boys right now after being somewhat aware of the week-to-week discussions. I also watched ST4 mostly after the last two eps came out so I avoided the speculation and theories and such. It's hard to say which one is better.

I've noticed a few folks share my enthusiasm for What We Do in the Shadows. It's back!

Back