• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I understand their thinking but its a shame Netflix is getting away from the mailing of dvds/blu rays to the home. What if the series you want to watch or the movie you want to watch isn't available on Netflix?

I started watching Battlestar Galactica (the reboot, not the original) recently. All the nerds raved about it for years, so I thought I'd give it a shot. For the most part, very enjoyable. At least through the first 2 seasons that I've gone through. British guy is annoying as fuck though.

Will it come through a Wii?

You may already have your answer but yes you can download a Netflix app from the Wii store for free. I use an old Wii that doesn't spin disks anymore to stream Netflix and Hulu Plus on a small bedroom TV. The interface isn't the best because of the way you use the Wii controller but it works great.

I started watching Battlestar Galactica (the reboot, not the original) recently. All the nerds raved about it for years, so I thought I'd give it a shot. For the most part, very enjoyable. At least through the first 2 seasons that I've gone through. British guy is annoying as fuck though.

Its good but not great.

Don't really get the obsession over Doctor Who. That show sucks

Want to see Kate Bosworth topless a lot and don't mind overwrought dialog and a meandering plot? "Big Sur" is your flick.

A couple of good documentaries:

Somm, about some dudes trying to pass the Master Sommelier exam. More bro than one might expect.

Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me

A couple of good documentaries:

Somm, about some dudes trying to pass the Master Sommelier exam. More bro than one might expect.

Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me

Watched Somm a few weeks ago - definitely better than I thought it would be.

Watching Tucker & Dale vs. Evil posted way back in this thread. I dig it so far. Going to try to get in Safety Not Guaranteed later.

And I don't think I can take Dear Zachary. That looks soul crushing.

Room 237, great rec thanks.

Is there any solution to the Netflix throttling/slow down on U-verse? Or am I screwed until I go back to Comcast internet?

Just finished watching the first season of 'Rectify'. Sundance Channel original from the producers of Breaking Bad. Really good stuff.

Oh and the black dude on Tucker & Dale was on the CBS mini-series Harper's Island which is also available on Netflix Instant. Campy as hell but I actually really enjoyed it.

Just finished watching the first season of 'Rectify'. Sundance Channel original from the producers of Breaking Bad. Really good stuff.

I was really blown away by this show. I hope that it gets picked up for another season and shifts to AMC (as I do not have Sundance anymore).

I was really blown away by this show. I hope that it gets picked up for another season and shifts to AMC (as I do not have Sundance anymore).

I was blown away too. Really wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Good news, Season 2 premieres in June! I don't have Sundance either so I'll just have to wait until it hits Netflix.

I was blown away too. Really wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Good news, Season 2 premieres in June! I don't have Sundance either so I'll just have to wait until it hits Netflix.

Sweet to reup. Fawk to Sundance. I am really surprised it isn't shifting to AMC."

Hoop Dreams is on here. Great documentary. Loved this when I first saw it. Isiah Thomas cameo from the early 90s.

anyone that hasn't watched Hoop Dreams, should. such a good film.

one of the players has a good line for the people who told him 'don't forget about me when you are in the nba' - 'don't forget about me if i don't make it.'

Everyone should be watching Bob's Burgers. They recently added the third season, so there are 45 episodes for your enjoyment. This show crushes.

Back