• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sepp the Incorruptible

All were either reassurances to smaller nations or direct shots at Blatter and his dual tract of look-at-me leadership while then claiming he's mostly powerless to do much.

"You can't ask people to behave ethically just like that," Blatter said Friday before later claiming he was just the man to somehow do it.

such a great quote. a modern day Cicero.

dc1e554cb75a78b58c247e2b8e568ea6.jpg

you know you can post the article instead of a screenshot of the headline, right

In his acceptance speech Sepp Blatter said that currently the unconscionable issue in FIFA was that the Oceania Football Confederation was insufficiently represented at the highest level in FIFA. Really, that's what he said. Anybody still think FIFA can be reformed?

The threat of leaving Fifa from Europe and the Americas should have been much more serious, if that occurred not only would the shitty Africa country leaders not get their bribeds they would get absolutely jack shit from soccer in general.

The threat of leaving Fifa from Europe and the Americas should have been much more serious, if that occurred not only would the shitty Africa country leaders not get their bribeds they would get absolutely jack shit from soccer in general.

There wasn't much time to get a coordinated effort - just a couple of days. But I hope UEFA, CONMEBOL and CONCACAF minus islands really look at withdrawing. All 3 withdraw and form a new federation, and FIFA has very little $$ operating a 3rd rate and 3rd world production.

I think some of you are underestimating the blowback that the world's wealthiest nations would face for leaving FIFA.

im just curious for those who want to break away, why is that? Is it the corruption or the fact that the US interests may not be relatively valued as much as the small countries? Or are you mad that russia and qatar got world cups and US didnt?

im just curious for those who want to break away, why is that? Is it the corruption or the fact that the US interests may not be relatively valued as much as the small countries? Or are you mad that russia and qatar got world cups and US didnt?

Rampant corruption.

outside of picking which grass to run around on every 4 years, what does fifa even do, why is this a big deal?

The current structure, which Sepp played a significant role in creating, makes reform impossible and corruption the raison d'etre for FIFA.

Yeah id rather have wealthy countries deciding whats best over corrupt officials doing whatever they want as determined by the highest bidder.

I'm prolly not going no matter where it is. But the corruption and bribery with FIFA would make any IOC member envious. And I don't really care that it's going to Russia - Putin can skim millions but the climate is fine that time of year and they have plenty of places to play. But everything about Qatar getting it is just wrong in every possible way.

I'm prolly not going no matter where it is. But the corruption and bribery with FIFA would make any IOC member envious. And I don't really care that it's going to Russia - Putin can skim millions but the climate is fine that time of year and they have plenty of places to play. But everything about Qatar getting it is just wrong in every possible way.

These are my feelings as well

Those millions could be going to promoting the sport in countries that could use the influx of cash. It could go towards promoting the sport to women across the world. The $150 million in bribes these 14 people allegedly took would provide 6 million One World balls to disadvantaged communities across the world.

http://www.oneworldplayproject.com/

Back