• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Football Summer Thread

My BOI chuck wade with a nice tuddie.

Lots of details coming in the next day or so. A few items to start:

Matt Colburn absolutely impressed with the second team. RBs rotated all scrimmage. Wortham started with the ones. Robinson and Bell saw the most time with the ones.

Lewis, Crump and Hines were the receivers for the ones the entire scrimmage.

The second team OL was a disaster. As expected. Stats will be misleading because of it.

Brent and Tyree Harris rotated at second team S-receiver. Brent had a nice TD. The only time that I noticed Tyree was when he had a bad drop.

Chuck Wade looks nice in the slot. I think he played second team the whole scrimmage, but I am not totally sure about that.

Rocky Reid was out today with an ankle sprain (from Wake Rivals)

The second team OL was bad but Colburn impressed?

How about the defense and QBs?

Hearing that Wolford is the clear starter, as expected, but Hinton and Kearns are more than capable backups. Haven't had this kind of QB depth since start of 2006.

Let's not get carried away re: frosh QB performance. We hear this "they will compete right away" stuff every summer.

As long as the OL continues to be so far below average, the program simply cannot take many meaningful steps forward. That unit is key to everything.

We have some speed and that means the line will not have to sustain blocks as long. I think OL is definitely improved; but depth is a problem. People will have to respect our run game, which will help our passing game.

But, have we improved enough?

Let's not get carried away re: frosh QB performance. We hear this "they will compete right away" stuff every summer.

As long as the OL continues to be so far below average, the program simply cannot take many meaningful steps forward. That unit is key to everything.

Maybe Haynes will be a star or the like. Wake should always have an excellent offensive line. Typically a group with high intelligence (from the physchologist the 49ers hired for years). Very disappointed in Grobe here more than with anything else. We can recruit here.

Yep Reid out. All qbs looked decent. Coburn will be a beast.

Typically a group with high intelligence (from the physchologist the 49ers hired for years). Very disappointed in Grobe here more than with anything else. We can recruit here.

PhysDeac, is that you?

I like our young talent at WR, I feel like there is a ton of promise there. Obviously the question is if Wolford has enough time to get them the ball.

Sounds like we will play a ton of freshmen on offense . Talented but probably a year away. At least we have some quality depth at QB, RB and WR. And speed.

Was it the same basic offense as last year?

Back