• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Coddling of the American Mind

let me guess, you don't think there are differences between men and women

more 2 parent administration departments! more father figures!

let me guess, you don't think there are differences between men and women either

Of course there are differences between men and women.

10 Expert Tips You Didn't Know About Getting Your Teenager To Open Up

4. Watch your tongue. “Avoid judging, criticism and sarcasm. Find something you can understand or affirm in the teen’s point of view and acknowledge that before offering alternative points of view,” suggested Christy Buchanan, a professor of psychology at Wake Forest University who specializes in adult-adolescent relationships. “And listen ... carefully. No one -- of any age -- enjoys a conversation partner who doesn't listen!”

coddling comes from the ivory tower right to the dinner table

I don't really know and don't care, but you can just not go on social media right? It is an elective act. But you have to go to school and face other students. I don't really participate in social media so I don't know about that, but I was in fistfights and I've been on the receiving end of real-life bullying violence in the 80s and that shit sucked ass.

Brunson and Wiley Junior High...

Coddling from the right.

http://chronicle.com/article/Higher...1IFBsZXQeYX4xamxBPjoHPCRkNUpxN3cVai93bl9QGA==

In recent years, Campus Reform and a similar publication, The College Fix, have emerged as major forces in academe’s ideological battles. Each routinely puts college administrators and faculty members on the defensive with articles alleging liberal bias or indoctrination. Each has demonstrated a knack for generating outrage by producing stories that spread virally through social media. Conservative radio and cable-TV programs and right-leaning websites amplify their reach by picking up their stories. Seeing themselves as friendly competitors devoted to the same cause, each of the two publications often cites the other’s work.

Although many professors and college administrators dismiss Campus Reform and The College Fix as biased and sensationalistic, there’s no question that their ability to reach wide audiences can place colleges under intense public pressure.

This is an interesting read.

I post this mainly because I am stunned that two college students actually engaged in the email dialog quoted in the story. I get that it took place at Oberlin and maybe is contained in such hyper-PC establishments (for now), but c'mon kids. Grow a thicker skin and stop taking everything so dang seriously. Go play some soccer. Or futbol. Or Mortal Kombat if you need to channel your microaggression or microsensitivity or micropenis into something less athletic. WTF dudes.

3 days and no response to an article about organized efforts from conservative organizations to coddle students. I see you, Tunnels.

This is an interesting read.

I post this mainly because I am stunned that two college students actually engaged in the email dialog quoted in the story. I get that it took place at Oberlin and maybe is contained in such hyper-PC establishments (for now), but c'mon kids. Grow a thicker skin and stop taking everything so dang seriously. Go play some soccer. Or futbol. Or Mortal Kombat if you need to channel your microaggression or microsensitivity or micropenis into something less athletic. WTF dudes.

Facepalm

seems to me that the conservatives figured out victimhood culture.

They're excellent at convincing the most powerful race-gender group in the world that they're being oppressed.

Back