• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CROOKED Hilary

Not much new, but interesting to hear a reasonable discussion of it without #BENGHAZI.

There's a Hillary apologist who is whiny and annoying, but she does make some decent points that minimize how important it is like most of the classified emails were with people with .gov emails. Of course, it's more interesting to see what emails she sent to non-government officials. Otherwise, the apologist trots out a lot of old lines.

Good responses to the Colin Powell comparison with respect to the change in technology between 2000 and 2008. I think Hillary was probably trying to do the same thing (#olds) without taking into account these changes. I didn't realize the restrictions on Obama's Blackberry. He could only contact 10 people and there was no expectations of privacy.

In both 2008 and now, Hillary had too many synchophants who are unable or unwilling to tell her things she doesn't want to hear, but needs to hear. The only coaching she seems to have listened to is to try and diffuse things with humor, but attempted jokes about snapchat and physically wiping the server always fall flat. Gore can make out with Tipper on stage or Mitt can wear jeans, but if they don't have it there's no way to fix it.

Trump also surrounds himself with synchophants, but he's clearly not focus group tested. The 10% of the population who loves Trump will never waver, but that's not enough to win a general election or even win the GOP nomination. Lots of people hate the current GOP and would welcome a female president, but way too many people don't believe in Hillary.

Although you have entirely butchered the word that you've intended to use, you have serendipitously coined a brilliant portmanteau for a chorus of brown-nosers.

fa2933b7bfc9b9ad5b1dc9afcb86e671.jpg

By the way, I know I am quoting myself here, but does anyone notice the scary similarity to this pose and the RJKarl gif of him heckling the referee? If you have that post it. There may be a family connection somewhere back in history.

By the way, I know I am quoting myself here, but does anyone notice the scary similarity to this pose and the RJKarl gif of him heckling the referee? If you have that post it. There may be a family connection somewhere back in history.

You know the little brother of the most popular kid in school? The one who, no matter how hard they tried, would never be able to emerge from the shadow of their predecessor? That's basically Hillary's political life. Watching her try to use the lines on normal people that sweep her yes-men off their feet is almost pitiable.

I've seen a ton of Bernie stickers, but I also live in Boston.

I don't recall seeing too many articles or posts criticizing anti-Hillary people for being sexist bigots. She's relatively unlikeable in her own right, male or female.

You know the little brother of the most popular kid in school? The one who, no matter how hard they tried, would never be able to emerge from the shadow of their predecessor? That's basically Hillary's political life. Watching her try to use the lines on normal people that sweep her yes-men off their feet is almost pitiable.

Kind of a haunting post after seeing the news about Jeremy Battier.

I don't know who that is.

Do you know a famous person with the last name Battier who was a popular person at their school? You don't even need Google to figure that out.

Do you know a famous person with the last name Battier who was a popular person at their school? You don't even need Google to figure that out.

Sorry, I've been working. I'm sure you'll catch me up in due time.

I've seen the Clintons survive so much worse, so I wouldn't be surprised if she survives this. Of course we all know why she operated her own e-mail and server was to control the information therein. It certainly wasn't to be transparent.

The one major difference between Bubba 92-00 and Hillary now is that (1) people aren't going to jump off a cliff defending Hillary unless and until she is the nominee, and (2) the Obama administration will not have her back because they don't care for the Clintons. Both of those are pretty major players in how this is spinning out of control.

Good post, ELC.

I'm not sure what the Obama play is in 2016. He's going to be a powerful force for the nominee but Hillary is a strained relationship and I doubt he'll be able to influence Bernie. Getting behind Biden is a losing proposition as well. Obama will have more weight with the 2020 or 2024 Dem slate than this one.

Damn you.

Good post, ELC.

I'm not sure what the Obama play is in 2016. He's going to be a powerful force for the nominee but Hillary is a strained relationship and I doubt he'll be able to influence Bernie. Getting behind Biden is a losing proposition as well. Obama will have more weight with the 2020 or 2024 Dem slate than this one.

A seven iron from 140 out.

You went to UNC and don't know who PH is referring to?

My "15 years former ACC basketball player little sibling drug overdose" Google alert must have a bug. Obviously, the context of the Hillary thread requires I anticipate how it might apply to the extended families of ACC players from two decades ago. Don't I feel silly.

Back