• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

LEXINGTON BBQ

care about the food the most. any dives in Lexington? can usually find great food in a dive.

Nah. You're pretty hard pressed to find bars at all.

Although, I did forget one little jewel that my wife reminded me of. Fancy Pastry has really good baked goods. Their buttercream frosting will put you in a diabetic coma, but it's worth it.

And a special shout out to my former high school English teacher and her Candy shop on Main Street. Good stuff there, too.

DDG describes a lot of American small towns, including my childhood hometown. The internet and big box stores killed off most local jobs except for mining.

I'm sure you're mostly right. It just seems amplified by all my family there. Lot of negativity in that area thanks to the lack of jobs.

Not to derail though.

Last edited:
I'm sure you're mostly right. It just seems amplified by all my family there. Lot of negativity in that area thanks to the lack of jobs.

Not to derail though.

I see it all the time when we visit my husbands family. Beyond his mothers insanity, it's all doom and gloom with everyone else. It's who has cancer, who is dying, and who died. To top it off, his grandmother doesn't have tv so her entertainment is the scanner. She listens to see who she knows that ems gets called out to respond to.

Lexington BBQ (everyone back home calls it the honeymonk) is the touristy BBQ joint that everyone will tell you to go to. I personally always enjoyed the BBQ Center downtown...take a friend and get a banana split.

The only other thing worth checking out is the Childress Vineyards. The uptown area has improved since I was a teenager, but I'm not sure it has changed enough to go any time other than during the BBQ Festival.

Nothing else really worth visiting

This is all you need to read on this thread.

Lex BBQ is so overhyped its not funny. BBQ Center is definitely the best all around stop for a trip to Lexington

It is a testament to how shitty Charlotte is that you could be the capital city in the state with some of the best barbecue in the world and you have no good barbecue

It is a testament to how shitty Charlotte is that you could be the capital city in the state with some of the best barbecue in the world and you have no good barbecue

Yeah, Charlotte's not really the capital.

That place in china grove has great BBQ...pretty close to CLT. Good as honey monks and that's the best in Lexington

Yeah, I'd recommend Sauceman's, Midwood Smokehouse (owned by Wake grad Frank Scibelli), and Mac's on South Blvd. One thing about the newer places in Charlotte is that they have a lot better sides than you're likely to get at some of the world renowned BBQ places. I ate a Wilbur's last month and nearly threw up looking at the slaw.

Yeah Mac's is probably the best out of the bunch. Lancaster's has good BBQ, but they are in the category where their sides don't measure up. Have to head out to Bridges in Shelby or Lakeshore in Denver to get quality all-around non-hipster BBQ.

Back